How to install Sierra to Latitude E6430?

ElPCOS

What should i search? I don't know how to install. For kexts where do i move them and for DSDT how do i install it. Thanks for being patience. I don't know alot. I tried search how to install but they just said that move to extra folder which i don't have? Please and Thanks alot! :))

• Administrators

You have to learn and understand that there are 2 x methods to install and run OS X: one is Clover based, the other is Chameleon/Enoch based. "Extra" folder only applies to Chameleon/Enoch.

I invite you to read several guides and learn as much as you can so that you then understand what OS X installation generally involves. If what you're after is more of a step-by-step/idiot's guide, you may look at this type of guidance.

You can follow my E6230 guide for your E6430 and re-use the pack but keep in mind the following points:

1. if you have a high resolution built-in LCD (1600x900 or above), find the relevant E6430's DSDT in another guide. The E6230 being low res, its DSDT would result in graphics issue on your E6430
  2. if some of your USB ports do not work, try Rehabman's USBInjectall kext (you can Google for it)
  3. the HD4000 Capri framebuffer patch differs between a low res E6x30 and a high res model

• Moderators

If you don't have one, create one, or use the one provided in Hervé's guide. But as Hervé mentioned, the DSDT in his bootpack is for low display  resolution, you have the higher resolution and will need a different DSDT.

You can replace his DSDT with the one from mine here. It's inside ACPI/Patched.

I have 1600x900 and i think that it is low resolution. Am i right? And when moving Some kexts to the library/extensions it just says that they don't work.

Can i buy from eBay Some adapter that works with my pc and the Mac version? For like 8$ could it be possible. I would like it to work in the USB 2 port on the left and it would be like small so it wont like bend and i Can put it to laptop case without problems. Also, do you know that is my pc's Bluetooth supported?

• Moderators

No, lower resolution is 1366x768 and below, yours is high, 1600x900 and up as I said. 

When moving kext to /L/E, ignore the error. It's a permission issue. Run the commands to fix permission and rebuild cache AS STATED in the guide.

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

If you're talking about wireless USB adapter, see a list of tested devices here. Your Intel Bluetooth may work with a little patching, but in my experience it's not stable. 

I don't know does the kexts go to the efi/clover/kexts/.. or /system/library/extensions or /library/extensions but I have mostly put them to /library/extensions. Then when doing the terminal repair permissions, it just gives this in the rebuild relinked kernels part "kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooHDA.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext GenericUSBXHCI.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext"

And then I am getting the kexts error. It doesn't do that when I am not repairing permissions. I rebooted the system and the sound is working but not great. Can I fix the issue. I am playing youtube but when pressing the pc's lower volume, it lowers the volume, I can see the icon but the music doesn't go lower at all. Also I did the E6430 DSMT thing and in system its showing that my pc's resolution is 1600x900, but the screen is quite dim. Or dimmer Than it was in windows. Can I fix also that?