Dell Inspiron 5458 - i3 - HD 5500

prodiigwc

The commands below return an error when the last line was executed, then I used the command 'sudo kextcache -i /' and it worked for me (aka, all kext I installed in the HD using EasyKext Pro, and not leave nothing in the 'Other' folder in EFI)

Command that I had problems:

Sudo chmod - Rf 755 / L * / E *

Sudo chown -Rf 0: 0 / L * / E *

Sudo touch -f / L * / E *

Sudo chmod -Rf 755 / S * / L * / E *

Sudo chown -Rf 0: 0 / S * / L * / E *

Sudo touch -f / S * / L * / E *

Sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

I removed the kext 'IntelBacklight' kext because it was conflicting (and also because it did not work)

I added the kext 'IO80211Family', which is a responsibility for an Ethernet port and a WiFi card to work

So I have a screen with brightness that seems to be at 50% (I can not increase or decrease) and a notebook without sound ...

Here's my EFI folder and the kexts installed ...

Arquivo Comprimido.zip

• Moderators

Remove AppleHDA patch #5

no spaces in the directory as you have above, run again until successful output

just copy and paste so you don't have error

Sudo chmod - Rf 755 /L*/E*

Sudo chown -Rf 0: 0 /L*/E*
       Sudo touch -f /L*/E*
       Sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S* L*/E*
       Sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
       Sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
       Sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Unfortunately it did not work, my friend.

I ran the first time the commands and ended up giving an error regarding kernel construction, after invalidating the kexts cache

I restarted my notebook and ran the commands again, which returned me a message saying something about restarting the notebook

So I rebooted the notebook and now OS X no longer starts, I executed in verbose mode and, after showing those monstes of plus signs (++++++++++++++++++++++) ++++++++++++++++++), it restarts...

• Like 1

Okay, here's the result of the commands ...

rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext GenericUSBXHCI.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AirPortAtheros40.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
File at path '/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel' changed, cannot be used
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[393] exited with status 77.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

I did a clean install of OS X El Capitan again and did as you told me

The first time I ran the command, I had this result:

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext GenericUSBXHCI.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8100.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AirPortAtheros40.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
File at path '/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel' changed, cannot be used
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[692] exited with status 77.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

I ran the commands again and had this result: 

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8100.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext
kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot

But I still have the following problems:

- Brightness control does not work

- Audio does not work (Nor using VoodooHDA)

- If I close the notebook, when I open again, the screen does not work brightness

Remembering that I'm using, again, the kexts and the bootcamp that was made available for the model of my notebook...