[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 10.12.4 initial mouse freezing

spidey123

Been a while my friends.  Apparently there has been a fix for the intial boot mouse freezing.  I've been reading over at another forum and Rehabman seems to have figured out the problem.

The solution appears to be removing unused connectors from the ig-platform data in the framebuffer kext.   The topic is a bit confusing.  Could anyone who has a better understanding help me patch the kexts in Clover correctly as I'm not too sure how to find out which ports are used?

Thanks.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Did you plug in monitor to the HDMI port?

I'm not seeing anything connected.

Does the HDMI port work?

Does the system hang when you plug in HDMI cable?

Send new IOReg after you have done so and answered all the questions.

• Moderators

I included 2 Config files. Reason is you have 4 HDMI patches enabled,  I was able to eliminate 2. So I included 2 to test to see which is the best.

Test Config. If you have issue with HDMI connection...hanging or reboot issue, then rename Config2 to Config and use that.

DisablePort2.zip

Hi Jake Lo unfortunately both files are not working properly.  The screen just flickers constantly.  I mean I can see the desktop is there but it just flashes constantly.  Like a strobe light lol.  The mouse freezing was gone I did notice that, but the computer is not usable.