Dell XPS L321X - El Capitan / Sierra Install

GatorGeek

• Moderators

Flickering re-occurred again on the second system after sleep / wake. You have the same CPU as mine, are you able to get sleep working yet?

Yeah, tried the ApplebacklightInjector.kext + SSDT-PNLF.aml + hotpatch, that didn't work for this system. Worked fine on my Latitudes.

Don't need the HDAEnabler, just need to enable layout-id = 28 which you have on the Config by theSuffering. His config has patches for ALC275 twice, I don't that would be the issue, but I need to see the output after your ran the permission fix and rebuild cache.

Please post the output here for review, could be they didn't run successfully.

Here are my results:

locals-MBP:~ localuser$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext EAPDFix.kext
KernelCache ID: BA3D7B0354DE0F284955BF5DB0392B3E
locals-MBP:~ localuser$ 

• Moderators

/S/L/E is fine too but for some reason it 's not caching

Try removing it, repair permission and rebuild cache.

Re - add it to /S/L/E. You should get a popup error message. Click Ok.

then run permission fix and rebuild cache again.

Verify the kext is showing in the output

Not appearing in the output

Last login: Sat Aug  5 16:19:19 on console
locals-MBP:~ localuser$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext EAPDFix.kext
KernelCache ID: 88004BC3FCDD5BEEA4881833D4B996B9
/ locked; waiting for lock.
Lock acquired; proceeding.
locals-MBP:~ localuser$ 

post-90490-0-42241500-1501969418_thumb.png

Tried re-installing it with KextWizard and got same results

• Administrators

[...]

You should get a popup error message. Click Ok.

then run permission fix and rebuild cache again.

[...]

It does not look like you repaired permissions as instructed by JakeLo. Don't use Kext Wizard, do it manually.