[SUCCESS] Sierra on Dell vostro 5460

encoder

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Please lookup the HD4000 patching guide in the R&D->Graphics forum sub-section.

However, please note that there's a chance that HDMI output is wired through the nVidia discrete GPU and since neither Optimus nor the GT630m are supported under OS X/macOS, that'd leave you without HDMI output capabilities.

• Moderators

Replace files with these:

DSDT/Config/AppleHDA_ALC290

3 ports for HDMI had been added for HD4000. If it works, you can disable 205 since it was originally added. Then disable 304 to see if it still works to determine which one fits your system. If it still works, then your port is 406, otherwise, enable 304 and disable 406.

New patched ALC290 has been move to layoutid=28 so I had to update the DSDT/Config.plist

If this still doesn't work, then you could go back to the original files.

Vostro_HDMI.zip

• Moderators

Ok, I'm replacing the patched AppleHDA_ALC290 with AppleALC instead, give this a try.

Here's a new bootpack, remove AppleHDA_ALC290 from /L/E or /S/L/E, repair permission and rebuild cache

AppleALC will run from Clover/kexts/Other, just need to declare which layout-id to use.

I remove the declaration from the DSDT so it can be done from Config.plist so you could change it easily.

I have layout-id=28 set now, the only other layout-id you try is 3. Only 2 known patched ALC290 out there that I could find.

If 28 doesn't work, then switch it to 3 under Devices/Audio

Vostro_5460_v2.zip

Hi Jake, still not working, no audio output.

The status of my Vostro 5460 with Sierra :

Ethernet: ok

Wifi: not ok, using TP-Link USB-wifi adapter

Audio: ok but low sound

Microphone: ok

HDMI: ok

Touchpad + keyboard: ok

Battery manager: ok

Camera: no driver

App Store: ok

icoud: ok

imess + facetime: not