A few questions

bobdamnit

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

BetterTouchTool gave me back/forward gestures! Setup BTT with mouse gestures and it works great! I used "top of trackpad" with a "left/right movement" for forward, and "top of trackpad" with a "right/left" movement for backwards.

Works a treat. Every bit as good as the ALPS Windows driver! ;)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Have you tried that driver that worked in 10.5 on your installation.. also.. i think slice have a trackpad.prefpane that works for hes driver... also, have you tested with the one that comes with edp (look under fixes)

Have you tried that driver that worked in 10.5 on your installation.. also.. i think slice have a trackpad.prefpane that works for hes driver... also, have you tested with the one that comes with edp (look under fixes)

Yes I have tried the FFScroll driver that works in Leopard. Doesn't work in Snow Leopard. (Can't make it load. I don't know why. Also throws "Insecure StartupItems" in the StartupItems folder.)

Slice's trackpad.prefpane gives me errors about not having a Synaptics trackpad, then closes System Preferences.

EDP fixes prefpane gives the same error as Slice's.

Also, Flash Player problem was resolved with a reinstall of Safari 5.0.4.

2. I will not install Google Chrome on my computer. Last thing I need is a Google datamine on my computer. Plus, I like using the native applications with the OS.

Errr... you really see the difference between Google data mining on your computer and Apple data mining on your computer?

If you don't (I don't) why don't you just try Chromium? It is an open source version of Chrome, but without the data mining part (well, that's what community claims. But, at least you can see the sources and try to check if it's true). You have a choice to use releases (stabile versions) or run a small tool which can update the nightly releases (developer versions) and gives you the latest development trunk (still not really a release quality but remarkably stable). That way you'll have the newest browser technology and the fastest browse for OS X. Some gadgets (synching your bookmarks, ad block, readability and such) are rally nifty. A lot leaner than Firefox or Safari. Have I mentioned it's fast? :)

Quick question, this one.

I'm almost completely updated. But Software Update keeps saying that there's a new AirPort updated (version 5.5.7). Can I safely apply this update? Will it break wireless? Cause KP's?

Thanks guys.

Also, thanks for the Chromium reccomendation! Superb browser guys!

if you did not have to "fix" your wifi you should be good if you however had to patch before then most likely you will have to patch after the update..

Thanks Bronxteck. As long as I know it wont epically brick my install, I'm cool with it.

Patching wasn't hard, and is definitely doable again.

Anyone know why my D520 shows as a "Mac Pro" on the login screen, but as a MacBook Pro in System Profiler? (It even say's "Bob Damnit's Mac Pro" on the System Profiler title window? Here's what I'm talking about: (I had to take this with Grab. For some reason, Command+Shift+3/4 doesn't work.)

System Profiler.tiff