DELL LATITUDE 7280 TB

abraxis

You're welcome :-). Sometimes enabling that option helps with completing the boot sequence, It's a mystery to me, however i disable it again to help with that issue.

As for audio, I never got it to work so i bought a cheap USB audio DAC. I will try with the files in this thread and report.

Did you try the kext for the trackpad?

• Moderators

@tldrbro

Though your 7280 is Skylake CPU and similar to E7x70, you shouldn't use the patched DSDT/SSDT, hence the weird issues you're facing.

I'm still trying to figure out why using the E7x70 DSDT/SSDT, keyboard and trackpad works with PS2 kexts, but with 7280 DSDT/SSDT, they don't work. They require an I2C kexts but that's not supporting either. I'm trying to figure out how to disable the I2C and revert them to PS2 which is more supported.

Update:

I think I got it, but will need someone to test it

Hi Jake Lo,

I tried the files you sent me.

First I tested with El Capitan. the first issue was an error when booting "This version of MacOs is not supported on this platform". I fixed it by changing SMBIOS to 11,2 as before one the 7450 bootpack.

The trackpad works, tap to touch, two finger for right click, however I could not access the preference pane to enable scrolling so I don't really know about gestures.

Audio did not work.

On power management. Closing the lid now works, it sleeps properly and wakes up without issues, however the trackpad is disabled when waking up.

The most problematic issue would be that I couldn't have  backlight control. At first there was not even the slider but upon reboot it "appeared" but there is only two mode, either full backlight or minimal backlight and no keyboard shortcut, I didn't try karabiner though.

Maybe I should add that I regenerated the ssdt for power management, copied the kexts from EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/LE to /L/E.

Now I installed Sierra.

Trackpad still works as before, still can't access trackpad preference pane.

Audio NOW WORKS.Internal audio is OK, output is perfect. However I can't get audio to work with headphones and some static can be heard sometimes, but it usually goes away after few seconds.

Power management is still not functioning properly.

EDIT:

Actually trackpad works after bott from sleep in Sierra, I had'nt tried that yet.

Trackpad doesnt work from wake from sleep. However backlight control and headphones audio works perfectly when waking up from sleep. Mysteries...