POST installation issues with El Captain on Dell E6430 with NVS5200m

Mateusz Pisarek

Hello I have dell e6430, first big thanks to JAKE LO for support, the issues are:

1. We menage to have working sound on voodooHD kext, but movement of the volume does not reflect the volume intensity at all, I found that solution :

https://gist.github.com/githubutilities/e1205cfad065ce7f081a

When i use Edit Pro with permissions changed on read and write it does not allow me to save the VoodooHD kext changes. It says I do not have a permission...

2. I have a clover boot manager on USB and Macintosh SSD-both look different from graphic side but have same settings I guess. When I choose "boot from Macintosh SSD" having inserted USB-using USB clover boot manager all works perfect, but when i eject USB and use clover boot manager from Macintosh SSD I get this Error: 

post-94785-0-03882600-1517072809_thumb.jpg

3. The battery status is not visible and can not be activated.

Thank you!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

1. edit voodoohda's info plist to fix your issue. you can boot it directly from clover without having permission issues to edit. or drag the kext to desktop then edit it then put it where you need to.

2. looks like your usb and hdd clover are not in sync from what you describe. transfer the working version of the efi folder to the non working efi partition.

3. this model has been around a long while now. there are countless guides and threads in this forum about it. use the search feature of this site. you might find your solution in one of them.

• Administrators

You'll find all the guides you need in the Guides section of the forum, especially JakeLo's detailed one for Latitude/Precision/Inspiron.etc. It has all the necessary guidance and files to get your E6430 nVidia going. Your KP shows you don't even have enabled the basic AICPUPM patch that's required on this Ivy Bridge platform.

All E6x30 run patched AppleHDA for IDT92HD93 rather than VoodooHDA. It's much better and supports HDMI audio.

Regarding editing a kext, you 1st need to make a copy (not a move) to your Desktop before you patch it. Only then will you be able to modify its contents. Once done, copy it back where it came from (I'm talking /S/L/E or /L/E here), repair permissions and rebuild your cache. Full details on this in the FAQ section. If you inject kexts through Clover rather than cache the, you don't need to worry about permissions and cache...

Hello, thanks for reply...I have all working beside one thing stange one,,, sometimes I have camera available sometimes No video capture devices were found. 

Maybe it is because there are some conflicts between kexts? but to be sure I will update it with Jake's files from last post. Thank you Jake...

• Administrators

From memory, E6430s can be fitted with 2 x different Webcam models. One model works OOB, the other one not at all. Look a the displayed model and vendor/device id in your SysProfiler and post the details.