Inspiron 7370: unable to obtain graphics acceleration

tikizondo94

Regarding:

Did you ever find a solution to your QE/CI issue?

I have a Dell 7370 inspiron im fighting a similar issue with. It also connects to the internal monitor via eDP and i cannot get acceleration to save my life. Im using the UHD620 but no 4K. Ive been fighting for a solution for over 2 months. No headway. Have you tried connecting an external monitor via hdmi port? Thats the only way i can get QE/CI on my machine. Also using the 0x59120000. Mine should work with 0x59160000. 

Sorry about asking this question in another thread, My bad. Any ways, Ive been having this issue for about 2 months now. Im dual booting windows/MacOS. Ive also tried a clean slate and wiping the whole drive and just formatting for mac. The installer process goes flawless. Ive tried Sierra, High Sierra and also Mojave 10.14. And all install flawless, but i can not get QE/CI no matter what i do. Im using rehabs uhd620plist for a base which seems to match my machine best. Ive also modified the IGPlatformID to match 59160000. For the UHD620. "My monitor is 1920x1080". No matter what it locks in verbose at the IOScreenLockState. Ive Tried 0x591b0000, 59120000, 59120003, spoofing kabylake with Skylake and using 19160000 etc. Still the same result. I can boot without acceleration using 0x12345678. And i can also remote desktop into my machine using 59120000 but my main monitor remains black. I can get QE/CI working via and external monitor hooked up to my HDMI port on the side. Thats it. 

Ive extracted my current bios and ran an IFR Extract to find my DVMT values. I used the modified setup_var in cloverefi Shell and set my DVMT to 64mb "max it allowed, Set DVMTTotal GFX to "Max" and set CFG to disable. 

Also confirmed the settings. So i dont think i need any DVMT related patches or Kext. But ive be "told" since i found out my monitors internal connection is eDP that MacOS does not play well with it. So is there any chance anything could be done? Or am i up a creek? lol. 

Ive attached my current debug. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated :)

debug_10170.zip

• Administrators

can you try setting DVMT to 160mb instead of 64 i had to do that for mojave but that machine has skylake...

160mb minus the 32mb stolen ram makes DVMT= 128mb

also if your doing DVMT through shell disable all kext's like IntelDVMTFixup and patches including DSDT ones if you have any relating to DVMT you might also have to not inject intel graphics

i am not sure if that's also the case for 10.13.6

Thats exactly what ive set mine to. Ive also tried with and without DVMT related patches and kexts. Still no output from my internal monitor. It always ends up locking at the IOScreenLockState in verbose "debug"..

No with mine not being a 4K model, would i still need DVMT related patches? Or is 64MB enough?