Inspiron 7370: unable to obtain graphics acceleration

tikizondo94

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Bronxteck said:

what version of windows did you run toolkit? also did it complain about a virus? I tried it on windows 10 but I could not even run it because it stated the file was infected

Run from a PE environment like TinyXPE 

Just now, Jake Lo said:

I see you use Clover EDID injection, seems it doesn't work for all systems. Have you tried replacing the custom DisplayVendorID-xxxx to /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides?

I have not. Ive had trouble getting my EDID info due to always have to boot with 0x12345678. Im not to sure how to setup a custom folder properly in S/L/D/Contents/Resources/Overides

When i run EDID in darwim dumper it just generates an empty EDID folder. Due to only being able to boot with an invalid PlatformID 0x12345678. Now i can boot with 0x59120000 and use an external monitor to get QE/CI. But would that cause the EDID output from Darwin to be from the source of the external monitor?

• Moderators

Not sure, give it a try. If it still doesn't work, then try this

Open DisplayProductID-xxxx.plist with PlistEdit, find 21st binary code "95", and replace it to "A5".

Save, and copy with folder together to /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides

Reboot and test