E6420 research thread

Stork

1. Will look to see what I put that, Im assuming I choose a vertain boot option when booting from the internal drive.
  2. Cant remember so will run it now.

1. Was not able to see where I put dart=0 -v
  2. And did this but now getting the following screen.

jbuNX61rryZRMh.JPG

Put " dart=0 -v " from the Darwin boot screen and it had no effect, still stuck on the "waiting for root device". Im assuming thats were you were referring to, otherwise could you post a screen shot of where you mean.

The only way I have been able to get the dell to boot into osx of the internal hdd is via the -x (safemode) flag, but as I underdstand it I cant really do anything usefull in safe mode.

Ok might getting somewhere,got a KP but only one .kext was listed (I think) and it was the AppleACPI, I shall search the forum on how to remove individual .kexts etc..

Nope, have tried a few "fixed" versions of these files and all KP at the same point show in post #111.

• Moderators

Nope, have tried a few "fixed" versions of these files and all KP at the same point show in post #111.

Check out this post from another member. Basically he removed the wireless card to get it working. My suggestion is to remove your Bluetooth card/Wireless card and see if that was your culprit all along.

• Moderators

With the current install Im still getting the KP screen, will try one of the other extra packs where it was booting but saying waiting for root etc..

Let's make sure you have the essentials down. Did you disable optimus in video? Did you enable AHCI and XD CPU support in the BIOS?

Without those settings you'll definitely get KP or waiting for root device...

Let's make sure you have the essentials down. Did you disable optimus in video? Did you enable AHCI and XD CPU support in the BIOS?

Without those settings you'll definitely get KP or waiting for root device...

Yes, yes and will have to check.

And yes to the XD support being switched on, at this point Im tempted just to sell the Dell and get a real macbook.

All of the extra's folders (3 so far that match the spec of the e6420 I have) I have tried either result in a KP pointing at the ACPI kexts or a Waiting for root.