jean512

E7450 Wifi card DW1820A ?

@jean512, I have read that external guide, and it seems to me it requires a bit of OSX system kext modding.

(Bringing in kexts from yosemite ect)

it seems to me that while this *COULD* work. it will not be update proof and is against my philosophy of using a "Vanilla" hackintosh with an identical osx install to a real mac, and keeping all patches possible inside the EFI partition or  /L*/E*

messing with system files could lead to instability and system issues further down the line and will not be apple update proof.

I think it would be better for you to purchase a card that works mostly OOTB and save effort hacking the system files.

This doesn't really answer the question though, because, as you can see, the DW1820a is listed as supported in that list, when, so far, nobody has been able to get it working stably...

It would seem you missed the obvious since I was replying to kostas54 who was asking which M.2 card worked OOB in HiSie and Mojave... So yes, I believe I was replying to the question since the inventory clearly lists one such card. 🤨

As for the DW1820A, I should be shortly testing it on a new Hackintosh I'm working on.

@jean512, there you are: DW1820A fully functional under High Sierra and Mojave...

By the way, you don't have a Dell DW1820A but the Lenovo / Foxconn T77H649.00 equivalent (different subsystem id 17aa:075a)

• Like 1

I'd like to thank you for that amazing work 

How everything work so far with your modification with DW1820a ?

Just I am wondering because i want purchase one right now ; 

All is well since I've been using it. I've no hesitation to recommend it. Once you declare the compatibility, it works 100% OOB, including Bluetooth.