Plz help getting the kext for my 5480/5488

micgo

i think i got bluetooth working. i have added BrcmPatchRam2.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. i was able to pair to my phone, airdrop work

do i remove the 2 file BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext ?

Yes Jake, i did install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to /L/E, but it didn't work, and then i got a DW1560 today from the mail. so i installed DW1560 to see what happen. it's working just fine with out bluetooth. when u pointed to me it could be a USB problem i was digging around and look like BrcmPatchRam2.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other may work. i just want to make sure if it's ok to remove BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext before i started something stupid.

BTW 3 more thing don't work

the card reader

when i close the lid. the laptop will go into sleep. but when i open the lid again. don't look like i can wake up the PC. i press on keyboard didn't wake up the laptop. i have to press on the power once to wake up the laptop again. is this normal ?

i m able to change volume level from F1 to F3, but F4 to F12 don't work. i think it's the key mapping. how can i look into this ?

Jake, thx alot for helping me up to get almost fully working laptop running Mojave, i will up date the 1st post with all the file, maybe someone may have a use of it, PLZ check your PM

The problem you're experiencing is because of the AirPortBrcmNIC.kext file that's present inside of IO80211Family.kext in /S/L/E. This kext file attempts to load when the card is detected and the system won't allow it because the kext file is designed to work under certain Mac computers provided that the device id and vendor id match Apples stock card with the same identifier of 14e4:43a0. That number is indeed a stock Apple configuration for Broadcom chipsets however its not exclusive to Apples particular hardware. The number that the Mac attempts to verify is the sub vendor/id which would be 106b:0131. That identifier is an exclusive means of verifying that the device is actually approved Apple hardware. There are ways to get the DW1820a working but the only method that's even remotely an option is removing the AirPortBrcmNIC.kext file and replacing it with the AirPortBrcm4360.kext from OS X 10.10 Yosemite. That particular kext does not have the same security measures programmed by Apple in order to prevent the end user from throwing different hardware in their old computers as opposed to going out and buying a new Mac which is what they want you to do. It's pretty dirty. The OS X Yosemite kext is the only one I've been able to get working. Every other version beyond Yosemite either won't load the driver or if it does the system will freeze up after 20 minutes or so. Prior to Yosemite this card didn't exist so its Broadcom Identifier is not present in AirPort kexts. If you remove the NIC kext you'll be able to boot the computer with the DW1820a in and then you can install the BRCM4360 kext followed by repairing the kext permissions and rebuilding the kextcache and then restart and it will work

• Administrators

@sass86ohI invite you to post your findings, test results and conclusions in the following thread, dedicated to the DW1820A:

It'll be far more appropriate than posting about it in a Latitude-related thread and will be far more visible to potential/affected users of the card.

NB: DW1820A PCI id is 14e4:43a3, not 14e4:43a0. SubVendor and SubDevice ids are are you stated.

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Broadcom_BCM94350ZAE