Dell 5590 (RWFK9) High Sierra

james90

• Administrators

Weird... If I install any of those v2.1.4, v2.1.5 or v2.1.6 kexts from the Github repo, the Alps TPouchPad of my 7490 is not working at all. If I use the kexts from James90's pack, TouchPad is working.

Where is his I2C kext coming from? Was it just a recompilation under Mojave of the v2.1.4 source code?

Looking at the GitHub v2.1.4 pack and James90's pack, the 2 x VoodooI2CHID kexts v1.0 are the same. But when I compare the 2 x VoodooI2C kexts v2.1.4, I see no difference in the plists apart from the macOS build (10.14 in the case of James90, 10.12 in the case of the Github repo). I compared the Plugins and they're all identical, even the binary files are the same.

So, apart from the macOS version the kexts appear to have been compiled on, I can see no difference, yet one works, the other does not !

Maybe I ought to recompile v2.1.5/v2.1.6 in my Mojave 10.14.4 installation. The repo does mention that v2.1.6 was built using the 10.12 SDK...

• Administrators

No issues with SDK as far as I can tell; seems more like some features are missing... Apart from the absence of support for the buttons (and TrackPoint), the TouchPad is otherwise perfectly working. I have tap to click, scroll & zoom, rotate and the various multi-finger gestures. Forces one to operate the Hack like a Mac! ^_^