PayPal donations: [email protected] ×
Tubardus

[Solved] Degraded HDMI output on Latitude 7490

OK. I can already tell you that the second option didn't work. I changed the igplatform and the computer had some problems to boot. After that, the main display hasn't been recognized and the HDMI was off. I will now try the first option.

Simple question. Do I need to put your config.plist instead of mine in the EFI and to reboot or must I find the code lines dedicated to HDMI in your file?

I edited your file. So replace them or renamed them and place in /EFI/Clover

Keep your original as is. Rename the attached Config.plist to Config-1.plist, that way you have Config, Config-1 and Config-2

During boot, go to Options and select the different Config file to boot

Keep note of which one you're booting with

Just add the HDMI patch even though HDMI connection works OOB, sometime it still causes issue you mentioned.

I've tried several mods of layout ids (ig-platform-id) and/or SMBIOS without success. At the same time, I no longer have any HDMI audio output available so it's like HDMI is not recognised per sé. Time to look up the IOReg.

Yup, that what it seems to be: IOReg shows DP connector type when it should be HDMI; could be the reason and there certainly can be no harm trying to inject HDMI properties again.

7490_FB@1_DP_type.jpg

Spot on Jake. With HDMI connector-type properties injection, HDMI output is back to normal and HDMI-audio recovered.

IMG_2844.JPG

7490_dual_screen_HDMI.jpg

7490_FB@1_HDMI_type.jpg

I've updated the bootpack of my Latitude 7490 guide to that affect.