E6330: Need some help dotting the i's

Semaj

My E6330 is near perfect apart from some minor niggles. Would love to get some input in how to fix them. 

- Brightness is somehow not remembered (seems to reset itself on boot somewhere).

- E-sata and optical bay hot plug isn't working properly. Ejecting works ok but sometimes it hangs when rebooting after ejecting, connecting them to a running system doesn't work at all. This worked on my Mojave install but I can't seem to track down what it is that made it work there.

- Side switch doesn't turn wifi and bluetooth off. It disconnects both but leaves the devices themselves on. When enabling them again with the switch only bluetooth devices get connected automatically. I have to connect to the wifi again manually. Turning either or both on/off manually works as expected.

Thats pretty much it! I'm attaching the debug logs. Any other improvements, fixes or efficiency gain that I could apply are also very welcomed. I'm striving for the best possible setup 😀

Thank you!

FWIW my dsdt has the following patches applied:

- Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
- HPET Fix
- SMBUS Fix
- IRQ Fix
- RTC Fix
- OS Check Fixes
- Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel
- 7-series/8-series USB
- Brightness fix HD3000/HD4000 

debug_15508.zip

• Moderators

Remove EmuVariableUefi.efi from /EFI/Clover/driversUEFI

You already have AptioMemoryFix.efi.

Use one or the other, not both.

You need to enable "Drop OEM" in Config file since you're using a static DSDT.aml

Try adding this patch for the Caddy drive

Kext: AppleAHCIPort

Find:    40600200

Replace: 00000000

As for the side switch, that's as good as it'll get. There's no physical toggle switch on a real Mac.

• Thanks 1

The Drop OEM option seems to have sorted the brightness. No idea how I ended up with 2 NVRAM drivers haha. I removed one of them. 

On top of that hot-plugging e-sata now works again too. I would've never figured out to patch AppleAHCIPort to fix that, I wouldn't even know where to begin. Thank you so much 😃

The side switch is not an issue really. Was trying to get every single component to work in macOS.

I had to disable the external drive icon fix cuz it would show a network mounted icon instead of external disk icon. Now it shows the normal removable disk icon for caddy/e-sata instead of the internal icon but thats not a big deal. Both cosmetic and I prefer this over the network mount icon 😅

Thanks again!

PS: totally unrelated but could it be Cloudflare thats messing up the forums javascript somewhere that prevents me from removing old attachments? I tried different browsers and platforms, even tried over mobile data without any ad-blockers and still can't remove attachments somehow.