Coffee Lake Intel UHD Graphics 630 on macOS Mojave 7MB Vram

Poemko

• Administrators

Of course faking the Intel iGPU id with that of a non-exiting one removes the error; no graphics driver loads in that case, hence the minimal VRAM. You have not fully understood how things worked.

When you stop faking that invalid id, macOS tries to load CFL graphics drivers. What you need to ensure is that your iGPU properties are Ok for the OS to properly boot. Look up existing guides/threads pertaining to CFL UHD 630 and adjust your Clover properties injection accordingly. Of course and as suggested by Jake Lo, check your BIOS settings too.

Thanks for your answer, yeah i don't realise everything fully but with step by step.

But the problem is not that the problem is the IGPU error.

And i found out that if i use IntelGFX but not CHECK the Inject Intel in Graphics i still get the Kextd error

So it may be because of Injecting Intel TRUE or maybe it is both combinations i don't know, i will now use the Plist file from @Jake Lo

And where do i find this CFL UHD 630 ?? I googled but i didn't saw a guide. Can you give me a direct link on which you think is best.

And i reacted to @Jake Lo and answered "Yes i saw it being 64MB, it can't go higher than that.".

On 3/8/2020 at 10:08 PM, Jake Lo said:

@Jake Lo

Got the Kextd stall[0] IGPU error with your plist file. How do we get rid of this error? 

Your plist works, i know it works, like my other plist works. But this Kextd error is blocking it.

Like i told here before, my uploaded config.plist file works, it worked the first time booting. But that error blocks it somehow. Do you know why?

My drivers64UEFI map includes:

ApfsDriverLoader-64

AptioMemoryFix-64

FSInject-64

HFSPlus

My kexts/Other map includes:

FakeSMC.kext

Lilu.kext

WhateverGreen.kext

@Jake Lo

10.14 only has:

FakeSMC.kext

Lilu.kext

WhateverGreen.kext

Updated Lilu and Whatevergreen also. Still the Kextd IGPU error.

What do you need from me to check further why this error persists?

This was how my Graphics information looked when it booted 1 time(luckely) inside MacOs without the error(this was yesterday).

Chipset Model: Intel UHD Graphics 630
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
Vendor: Intel
Device ID: 0x3e9b
Revision ID: 0x0000
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1920x1080 (1080p FHD - Full High Definition)
UI Looks like: 1920 x 1080
Framebuffer Depth: 30-Bit Colour (ARGB2101010)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No
Connection Type: DisplayPort

Why does the plist file work 1 times and then stops working, i didn't change nothing. I even copied the exact EFI that was used within this boot. And the Kextd stall IGPU error still haunts me.

@Jake Lo

Very thankfull for your answer. I changed the folders that why i said 2 hours ago in this thread.
My drivers64UEFI map includes:

ApfsDriverLoader-64

AptioMemoryFix-64

FSInject-64

HFSPlus

My kexts/Other map includes:

FakeSMC.kext

Lilu.kext

WhateverGreen.kext

And i downloaded the latest version of Lilu and Whatevergreen. I will send my Clover folder for how it looks now.

I hope you can see more what the problem is now. Hope that you can help me.

Thanks for your time and effort.

CLOVER.zip

config.zip

• Administrators

Looking at your posted Clover config + posted EFI folder, I believe I see several issues:

1) posted Clover config:

• you stated you have an Intel i7-8750H CPU, i.e. a mobile processor; I therefore assume your computer is a laptop. If this were to be confirmed, I would ask why you use the SMBIOS of an iMac, an incomplete one to that effect? SMBIOS of a MacBookPro15,x would certainly be more suitable and appropriate.
  • your config only shows you're injecting layout-id 0x039B0000 for your UHD 630 iGPU; I'm pretty sure this is incorrect and that you need more, especially on the DVMT front. I'll look that up to make some suggestion.

2) posted EFI folder:

• it's unclear as to which config you use but the file "config.plist" appears to carry the same SMBIOS mistake as mentioned above.
  • one of the configs showed many properties being injected for your UHD 630 iGPU and I would need to look into their suitability. I would suggest you try them out with the correct SMBIOS.

If you had looked at CloverConfigurator's own recommendation re: graphics, you may have noticed this:

CFL_graphics.jpg

I would suggest you try those recommended settings for Coffee Lake UHD graphics: injection of ig-plaform-id 0x3E9B0006 + MBP15,1 SMBIOS.

You may also want to read this though it's kinda heavy stuff...

• Like 1