Dell Latitude D830 Thread

macluscious

Thanks Bronxteck. Actually, your first suggestion contained the solution to the problem. I just didn't initially understand what you were telling me. :) I found the networking.plist (which was called something else that I don't remember now) you were talking about and removed it. That solved the problem. Of course, while dealing with the frustration of finding a solution to this. I managed to get 10.7.2 working, which I hadn't been able to do before. Sheer stubbornness this time. When THAT didn't fix the problem, I wanted to break something. Fortunately I ran across the plist you mentioned in a search.

So, in summary, thanks for the help! Next time I'll pay better attention.

Hi People,

now i need help

First sorry for my bad english...

Ive used a 8GB USB Stick, formatet with GUID and install the Image with bzcat on the stick. This need aprox. 20 Minutes.

Then i put the stick in my Latitude d830

5 Second waiting and the install file let mi select the Harddisk (its the old HD from mi MBP, its formated with GUID MacOS Extendet

The install will beginn and the HD is working

About one or two minutes the screen change to black screen (or switching off ?? :huh: ) and the install process is stopping.

What i can do now ??

Its possible that the Graphiccard driver is wrong or lost?

This is my System:

screenshot001sv2h0.jpg

Wish you can help me

Greeting from Germany

Carsten

I have a D620 I've been playing with, and I'm looking at upgrading to a D830, for the bigger screen and for nVidia graphics (I have GMA 950, and Flash/Youtube is choppy though QE/CI are working). Looking at the BIOS mods page, it doesn't appear there's a BIOS mod for the D830. Does sleep work without SleepEnabler/NullCPUPowerManagement? Do I have to keep a USB flash drive plugged in for USB ports to work when waking from sleep? How about BIOS passwords? My wife has taken the notebook hostage and said she'd like one of her own that could handle Youtube/flash games on Facebook, and has kind of groaned about the BIOS passwords and flash drive unmounted complaints when waking up the machine. If I can get around those, I certainly will.

My other option is an M4300.

Both of these laptops start in the $220 range on eBay, so I just want to get the one that works best with the least goofiness. I do see a BIOS for the M4300.

Dell Latitude D830

Video: Intel

Wireless: Intel (Looking into BC)

EDP: 1.9.2

These were the steps I took when installing.

I installed 10.6.0 with out a boot pack. I was able to get into the installer with '-v -x'. I performed the install and and rebooted. I used the 10.6.0 installer to boot me into the newly installed os, and once again was able to boot in with '-v -x'. I performed this install 6 times trying six different install steps and tips. Each time after installed the EDP I get kernel errors instantly. I install the d830 Intel pack "10" and say yes to everything , choose apple as the touch pad. I get the bootloader installed and reboot.

At this point I get kernel panics I realize I stupidly left SATA to AHA and promptly changed it to ACHA. I then read a few recommendations of setting bios back to default and only changing the SATA settings. I do this and I am unable to get past a kernel panic with the internal NIC or WiFi enabled with in the bios. I disable those and I can boot finally. The only problem is the screen looks like a ribbon is bad, but obviously I know it's not because the first time this happened I tossed a Linux distro on the laptop and the graphics card checked out just fine. The display is a white screen with black lines of different size and the white will sometimes change to purple haze and a few other colors. If needed I can take pictures.

Any thoughts or ideas?

*Side note when I tried to put the boot pack into the Extra folder of my boot disk to do the install it wouldn't even boot anymore received multiple errors.

I just installed Snow Leopard on my D830 (Intel Graphics) with relatively little pain. I ran EDP 2.2 and have everything working well with one exception. It's fully upgraded to 10.6.8 as well. However, whenever I restart, the wireless network doesn't automatically connect. I have to manually open it every time and connect to the network. The wireless card is a Broadcom which I have read is favorable. Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks!

Mark

I have a Dell D830 with intel grafik 1900*1200 and osx modded bios ,wifi bt disabled in bios.

Until today had soon succesfully installed 10.6.7 with Edp 1.9.1 the system works fine.

But today i tryed 10.7.2 install with the same edp and with various chameleon bootloader while

on the wiki page is a v2 rc760 which "sl,lion" compatible here i have not keyboard.

The second which comes with the edp package goes into kernel panic , and the third which comes with myhack edpedition was right,

Also lion booted up with audio network etc in 1900*1200 but after some seconds mins the system freeze,

The extra folder is the same as bootpack.When i make it with the edp package installer it goes into kernel panic.

i think it is with the cpu mangement or any overheating problem.

If anybody had soon the same problem or any suggestion how can i fix it please help me.

i have just forgot to write edp 2.1 and edp 2.2 goes into kernel panic