Dell Latitude D830 Thread

macluscious

I have just done a fresh install, with the latest EDP i.e. 1.6. The only issue was getting sound to work, which I was able to get working by selecting the appropriate hardware in Sounds >> Output menu.

The extended display presented a whole different problem, as the system was detecting an external monitor attached but there was no display. When I selected "detect displays", every thing went bonkers and the whole display messed up. Usually when this use to happen in the previous EDP, I have to restart the system to get the display working again. This time I pressed Fn+CRT/LCD (F8) button, both displays started to work flawlessly. So far so good. I will keep this thread updated if there are any more issues that might come up.

Hi Im new to this and would love to see the apple on my Dell D830 below is my configuration

D830, BIOS A15, RAM 2GB, Video Nvidia Quadro 140

I am trying to dowload the retail ISO 10.6.3

what is the best way I can install (DVD is not an option as I dont have such a large dvd writer for 7.5GB ISO) which EDP I can put and where do I download some of the links are disabled !

can someone guide me. I have a legal copy of win 7 and if this doesn't work I will kick back but dont want to burn my hardware.

thanks in advance and a simple guide / help appreciated.

Niranjan

Hi and welcome to our community!

First of all: Buy a retail Snow DVD - it cost 30$ - not as heavy priced as microsoft OS and fully legal because we wont support pirated software ;) AND you will not be able to restore the image within Win7 or without a running OSX

2nd: Installing OSX will NOT burn your hardware - so dont be scared

3rd: I think OSX 10.6.0 is the best choice because of full support of our EDP

and last: check our WIKI - its all in there :D

cheers

CRC

Thanks mate !

I got the SLD430USB.img.bz and putting it in the usb via transmac dont know if it will work later will let u know.

I might buy the DVD for SL 10.6.* (whatever is available in my region) but the price is heavy !! Im living in middle east here its not dollars and comparatively the prices are 3 / 4 times more !!!!

anyways thats a second story. I wanted to know if the latest EDP will work do I need to put anything else if I am using the SLD430USB.img do I need to update after installing with this usb image.

lastly, what will be the best configuration / kext / EDP / etc. required to run on my h/w.

thanks in advance

Niranjan

Hi All I installed using SLD430USB.img installation perfect I also added the EDP but I cannot boot directly from the harddisk. I always have to use the usb boot and then select the partition to start mac osx

also sound vol is very slow. Display is good, wifi (bcm) doesn't connect automatically, if I restart my screen goes blank for infinity and I then have to force shut using the power button.

please guide me. anything that doesn't involve BIOS stuff as I want to use this machine for windows too.

FYI, I have installed mac osx on a separate HDD