Dell Latitude D830 Thread

macluscious

Finally got it working Did a new install with that package and aval boot gave no commands just let the pen boot by its self and the installer was in that resolution also. Did not do any sleep tricks or anything everything works the only thing i want is scrolling trackpad i have tried voodoo but it is either crazy when i boot or goes crazy when it wakes. So if anyone has a scrolling package that works well please post.

Finally got it working Did a new install with that package and aval boot gave no commands just let the pen boot by its self and the installer was in that resolution also. Did not do any sleep tricks or anything everything works the only thing i want is scrolling trackpad i have tried voodoo but it is either crazy when i boot or goes crazy when it wakes. So if anyone has a scrolling package that works well please post.

That is very nice, please do share all the details in one post how you accomplished that.

The scrolling does work with the Voodoo package, towards the right side of the trackpad, on my D830 2 finger scroll does not work. Both Horizontal and vertical ones work.

This how I did it.

1. Restored a OSX 10.6 dvd.dmg on to the USB Pen

2. Installed Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r700 on the USB Pen

3. Moved to trash the Boot file on the root of pen and copied the boot file from AnVAL

4. Copied the contents from the extra folder in this pack from Here and the dsdt.aml for d830 x3100 into the extra folder on the usbpen

5. Inserted pen turned on machine checked my bios settings sata is set to achi not ata let the pen boot no commands were used at all and it boot the Install app in 1920 resolution there is no track pad at this point use usb mouse.

6.After install I choose to start the SL partition with the boot loadr from the pen. still no trackpad support.

7.completed the information stuff then installed chameleon v2.0-RC5 r700 after install moved to trash the boot file on the root and replaced with the one from AnVAL.

8.copied the contents of the extra folder on the usb pen into the extra folder on the root of SL.

9. Dont know if it made a difference or not but ran the rebuild.command in the extra folder.

10. Ran the 10.6.6 combo update and restarted without pen still no commands were used for booting.

11. Used Kext helper to install VoodooHDA.kext for audio and repaired permissions.

12. Restarted and that was it.

post-352-051737300 1297816616.png

post-352-083609400 1297816630.png

If ur using that image from wiki you have to show invisible files the extra folder is invisible. I was using that image an kept getting extra2 folder. I did get that image to work but I also made a retail image from a desktop that I did. I just wanted to do it fresh.

Are you using that sld 430 image or a retail image.

I am using a retail version, I tried the sl430 image but the disk was unable to boot after I installed Chameleon. Yes I know the Extra folder is hidden and you have to show hidden files via terminal. I did that but the image just did not boot. I am not sure how can I resolve this issue. Further more I can connect an external monitor with my current install but as soon as I mirror the desktop every thing goes whacked.