Dell 5570: HDMI black screen and can't control HDMI audio

am303737

Hi, 

I have tried to connect my HDMI monitor to my Laptop and here are the problems I faced:

1- The HDMI monitor is connected but completely black.

2- The HDMI monitor audio is some how working but as you can see in the included screenshot I can't control the volume directly from the system.

3- The HDMI monitor appears black ONLY when I uncheck "Mirror Displays" or in other words the screen mirroring works.

4- My graphics card is read as 2048Mb and I couldn't change that, because I know it can cause problems.

My specs: 

Dell 5570

macOS Catalina.10.15.4

i5-8250U

AMD 530 / intel U620

8GBs ram

240GBs SSD

1Tb HDD

HDMI monitor specs:

normal Samsung 32" TV

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 2.06.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 2.06.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 2.06.46 AM.png

debug_31225.zip

• Moderators

1) What's the resolution of your external TV, if it's 4K, you might have to increase the DVMT

2) That's how MacOS work, you don't control volume from the system for HDMI audio, you control it from the external display. However that is an app call MonitorControl that might work.

3) The graphics card reading 2048MB I believe is just cosmetics, that can be changed in the Config file easily.

Thanks for your response ♥

1) What's the resolution of your external TV, if it's 4K, you might have to increase the DVMT

it is a normal 1080p display.

2) That's how MacOS work, you don't control volume from the system for HDMI audio, you control it from the external display. However that is an app call MonitorControl that might work.

I will try it ASAP.

3) The graphics card reading 2048MB I believe is just cosmetics, that can be changed in the Config file easily.

I thought that, too; because it didn't cause any graphical error except that weird HDMI thing.

Note: I used Mojave on the same machine  2 months ago, and I had not any issues with the same HDMI TV monitor :(