Mountain lion 10.8 on D630

rjjd

Dear Syonagar, i myself came out of the windows environment and are working and testing with apple OS since 8 month's now. I

am totally over now to apple stuff, However it works totally different as i am used to. ( sorry ) i have an long way to go.. but i am learning fast and working now at home with 2 laptops and one desktop working with lion 10.7 very stable and good.. So in answer to your question ,, NO i am mot quit familiar with command line work :( so i need any help i can get :rolleyes:

• Administrators

Dear rjjd,

From you usb installer, open Terminal under Utilities top menu.

Once you are in command line, type the following:-

sudo rm -R /Volumes/'Macintosh HD'/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext

sudo cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext /Volumes/'Macintosh HD'/System/Library/Extensions/

I'm assuming your os x system volume name is Macintosh HD.

After that, run myfix full mode and reboot.

Cheers!

Dear Syonagar thanks for the reply, however (I) am doing something wrong, I installed on an disk called hd Mountain lion(DP3)using the mach_kernel arch=x86-64 -v -f command line [that works]..Then i startup the laptop with usb stick + extra commandline mach_kernel.........Select installation language, and go as you described to Terminal and filled in the commandline sudo rm -R /volumes/hd/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext and click on ENTER but then i get error message: sudo: command not found.. What does this newbie doing wrong??

Dear Syonagar, update ML after your last tip. ML is starting up :D Bur I still need to use the command line mach_kernel... ?? if not laptop won't boot.. Imanaged to startup en configure ML ( looks very nice ) Next step of my was to install EDP2.2 using the config for for d630 +intel option 6 and then option 4,Y,Y,Y I get an KP but that is normal ( in my case ) I then reboot but now an KP was shown whit an message about sleep enabler ( witch i had turned on ) Any more suggestions? Must i use EDP3 ? And if so how do I install this new EDP3? Screen about KP I included

Greetz

• Administrators

Dear rjjd,

Good to hear that you can boot into your new ML installation.

Did you run myfix full mode after installating EDP 2,2? That usually solve a lot of weird issues.

If that does not work, try not to enable sleep enabler and see if your KP is gone. Well, sleep enabler is not 100% stable for Lion and even more so for unreleased version such as ML as not much testing has been done yet.

You should also try EDP 3 as Leon have added lots of new goodies in it. It has automatic myfix built into it. You can look ant leon's topic here :

http://forum.osxlati...dp-30-released/

Cheers!

Dear Syonagar i still get an KP after the installtion of edp2.2 However when i add this line alone the line mach_kernel arch=x86_64 -v -f pmVersion=0 into it laptop is booting up until the desktop.. For me that's a lot. I tried to install EDP3 on the automatic way and manually but thit didn't work with the 1e methode i get message -no such file or directory- I type: chmod -R 777 /install.sh ./install.sh _ is this correct? When i choose the 2e way after i type the last line regarding svn...... what must i type after trunk ?? I now get an error: command line not found ?? I have an working internet connection , sound works , Video ( intel ) resolution 1024x768 screen resolution can be bigger to 1440x900 How to that??? And is there an way to startup without the extra command line: mach_kernel ....???

Greetz...

• Administrators

pmVersion=0 is usually needed if your using sleepenabler and nullcpu kexts

mach_kernel you can define in in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist, it might already be definrd so just try booting without it and see

Dear Syonagar, My laptop keyboard is not working , I tried keyboard option 2 and 4 in EDP2.2, but still need an external keyboard for type actions.. mach_kernel..... option I still need fo fill in while booting up the laptop. mach_kernel line is not present in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist located on my laptop I also have to boot with option pmVersion=0 in the commanad line otherwise i get an KP.. My video resolution is 1024-768 and cannot be changed to 1440-900 even if I replace ( as I did in Lion )the DSDT.aml file.. Any ideas??