Mountain lion 10.8 on D630

rjjd

didnt work for me, pity.

using EDP 411 D630 nvidia and D830 nvidia config, both restart / shutdown and sleep didnt work with the kext u attached.

what is the config u used (together with the sleep kext attached) to get everything working?

thkq :-)

I'll try to replicate the configuration(too bad, there's no log of the selected configuration after the configuration process, is there?) that or I'l get the kext in my E/E folder.

Tried to Install a D630 with NVIDIA and 10.8 gm but the machine hangs at:

ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5]

Using different parameters like -f -v -x mach_kernel or arch=x86_64 ...

Any idea?

Here, try this.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1024x768x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>npci=0x3000</string>

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>arch</key>

<string>x86_64 -v -f</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Worked for me after OS X ML GM install. Download EDP 3.x and select your configuration.

I'll try to replicate the configuration(too bad, there's no log of the selected configuration after the configuration process, is there?) that or I'l get the kext in my E/E folder.

To potatohead,

Update: 7/20/2012 9:55PM

Here's my D630 configuration process(attached). I have a question for you, when you said it didn't work for you, how did you tests the "sleep/wake" functionality?

myD630configuration.rtf

E.D.P Rev. 415 now has support for sleep enabler option on ml.

Enabled sleep on my system, it works, but the keyboard(option 1) didn't work for me but the trackpad works. Everything seems to work. Tested "sleep/wake" functionality and I can confirmed it worked on my D630.

To potatohead,

Update: 7/20/2012 9:55PM

Here's my D630 configuration process(attached). I have a question for you, when you said it didn't work for you, how did you tests the "sleep/wake" functionality?

many thanks albert! :-) i test the sleep/wake functionality by sleeping it via ML's menu, the LCD went off, but both the power and bluetooth LED remain lighted - not sleeping; I couldnt wake it up, irregardless using keyboard or touchpad, only way is to force shtdown by long-pressing the power button.

followed your attachment to the dot, also didnt work for me on both 411 and 415 (the only choice i made differently was the kexts for touchpad and keyboard, myHack's didnt work out well, I chose ANV-Slice [4] instead, I dont think this will cause the unable to restart/shutdown issue, do you?).

looks like i may have done something wrong with my installation, will recreate the usb install disk, format and reinstall from scratch, keeping my fingers crossed.

i used myhack 3.1.2 to create the 10.8 GM install disk, D630's bootpack in /Extra during installation and then install chameleon via myHack.app after installation before runing EDP to configure the D630 previously, are these the correct steps?

any special setting i need to change or take note of in BIOS? (I am on A18).

my HDD is divided into 2 partitions on MBR, the 1st partition has win7 x64 in it and the 2nd partition ML

thanks!

:-)

many thanks albert! :-) i test the sleep/wake functionality by sleeping it via ML's menu, the LCD went off, but both the power and bluetooth LED remain lighted - not sleeping; I couldnt wake it up, irregardless using keyboard or touchpad, only way is to force shtdown by long-pressing the power button.

followed your attachment to the dot, also didnt work for me on both 411 and 415 (the only choice i made differently was the kexts for touchpad and keyboard, myHack's didnt work out well, I chose ANV-Slice [4] instead, I dont think this will cause the unable to restart/shutdown issue, do you?).

looks like i may have done something wrong with my installation, will recreate the usb install disk, format and reinstall from scratch, keeping my fingers crossed.

i used myhack 3.1.2 to create the 10.8 GM install disk, D630's bootpack in /Extra during installation and then install chameleon via myHack.app after installation before runing EDP to configure the D630 previously, are these the correct steps?

any special setting i need to change or take note of in BIOS? (I am on A18).

my HDD is divided into 2 partitions on MBR, the 1st partition has win7 x64 in it and the 2nd partition ML

thanks!

:-)

"i used myhack 3.1.2 to create the 10.8 GM install disk, D630's bootpack in /Extra during installation and then install chameleon via myHack.app after installation before runing EDP to configure the D630 previously, are these the correct steps?"

Yes, that is what exactly I did. Happy hacking and have lots of patience!

Hi i updated the EDP tool to version 416 started the edp.command selected option 14 and automaticly set up and install . Sleepenabler works!! . The only thing i am having difficulties with is that when i boot the laptop and i don nothing just before i have to login an black screen appears and i see nothing except an black screen :( the only thing i can do is to shut down the laptop [ the hard way ] and start all over again.. When i click at the right moment on the spacebar i see the login screen indeed :) This is the only thing that needs to be corrected but where ?? i have no idea??

Who does??