Mountain lion 10.8 on D630

rjjd

My D630 with Nvidia is working with Mountain Lion DP3.

I installed AppleACPIPlatform.kext, Myhack utilities, then EDP 3

and the laptop keyboard started working.

Had issues with sleep enabler locking up on bootup even

with the pmVersion=0 option so I removed the sleepenabler kexts.

Hi what kind of resolution you can work with on the d630? is this 1440x900 or 1024x768 , did you install specific next for the nvidia card? EDP 3 i cannot install how did you do that step step by step?

Hi what kind of resolution you can work with on the d630? is this 1440x900 or 1024x768 , did you install specific next for the nvidia card? EDP 3 i cannot install how did you do that step step by step?

I get 1440X900, I didn't install any kexts for video,

I believe EDP 3 sets it up.

For EDP 3 I followed the EDP instructions

in this forum under E.D.P - Releases - EDP 3.0 Released

First run Myhack and pick "Install Myhack Utilities"

Then extract EDP files to the Extra folder,

(I used the manual method)

then run ./edptool.command

• Administrators

Dear rjjd,

Try to add the following line in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist if it is not already there:-

Graphics Mode

1440x900x32

Kernel

mach_kernel

Kernel Flags

arch=x86_64 pmVersion=0

Again try to download and install EDP 3 to see if it can resolve your keyboard issue. Try to type "sudo su" and then enter your password. After that "chown root:wheel install.sh" and "chmod 755 install.sh". Lastly run it with "./install.sh".

Cheers!

Dear Syonagar, thanks for the last tips.. Status now is: ML is starting up without using MyHack usb stick and without filling in extra command lines YES.. The resolution of my screen is 1440x900 and all is working stable.. The only thing i am facing about is the install of EDP3 I am an nerd but i cannot get this package installed :( When I copy the install.sh fie to the desktop and type "sudo su" and then enter your password. That works. After that "chown root:wheel install.sh" and "chmod 755 install.sh". I get an error nu such file or directory ???? It is my stupidity but I have difficulties installing EDP3 :( Can you please explain step by step what i must do ? Is there no EDP packages with I can install likewise EDP2.2 ? For me and perhaps also for others users that is much easier..

Got DP4 running on my D630; things not working are the Voodoo kexts for the keyboard/trackpad/mouse( 64-bit in DP4) & Sleepenabler(KP). Using a USB keyboard & Apple Trackpad. Here's hoping for the team to fix those issues for the final release of OS X Mountain Lion in July?

Didn't not installed EDP 3.0.

Donation coming :-)

Update: There is a new upgrade of OS X Mountain Lion through "software Update"; Install "AppleACPIPlatform.kext" using KextWizard after software upgrade (12A248). Works!