Dell Vostro 5568: macOS Catalina optimisation

jantestmac

But I am on Catalina Should I straight up replace EFI with this bootpack which is under BigSur??

Also can you tell me How can I check audio codec without using windows?

Please don't think i didn't try to check out it. Before installing when I was preparing I searched on google and Dell's website stated that it has Realtek 3266- CG and I believed it to be true.

But now I don't know what's correct one. And I don't have windows now to check :(

• Administrators

Yes. Big Sur bootpack is compatible with Catalina.

U dont need to check codec. Just try the different value that Jake mentioned.

The VoodooHDA.kext auto detect thats why its better for beginner but may not work flawlessly on all system.

Regards,

Oh thank you for telling about the compatibility thing. 

Oh and I wanted to know about the codec for that headphone jack being combo as you suggested earlier.

So I wanted to try out a script which I found here named ALC298PLUGFIX Or something similar.

Also how much battery life should I expect i have original battery which i replaced 2-3 month ago.

• Administrators

battery life is dependant on minimising power hogging things. disable whatever devices that you dont need 😀 

also set your brightness as low as u can comfortably read and work

also refrain from running too much stuff in the background

oh also try to use the m.2 sata drive as opposed to mechanical drives. they are more power efficient.

just some few tips to prolong your battery life

Thank you for the reply.

I have dimmed the brightness as suggested

And Have just one chrome window open on a fresh install

And using m.2 sata ssd as primary drive

But still getting around 3 hrs after the SSDT-DDGPU which @Jake Lo Provided in the very first message of his. (Note: This battery life is increased from this SSDT I havent tested from any software or something but I do feel it's giving me more than before Thanks Jake for that.)

Other than this poor battery life thing and brightness hotkeys not working I think laptop seems pretty good actually. Really thank you for making this boot pack. I would really appreciate any help in right direction for battery thingy cause as it's my only machine 3 hours seems really less 😢 .(Also I am assuming that headphone jack won't fix in near future so not talking about that at all :))