Dell Vostro 5568: macOS Catalina optimisation

jantestmac

Oh most gesture are working in your config But the problem is that when I close the lid for sometime(Sleep) the trackpad stops working. Right now this is the problem gestures are working but touchpad stops after sleep for long time.

To solve that I tried using ApplePS2Controller and in that gestures are not working so I tried to go Under System Preferences > Trackpad but there it shows no touchpad detected(Also I found this solution on other post there Jake suggested to use that) so I tried.

So I was testing laptop for last couple of days and haven't tried those kexts cause I simply restarted whenever the touchpad stopped let me try them now thank you for that.

however after using this laptop for a few days in Big Sur now I am quite sure that I am not getting more than 3 hour of battery life. Windows was much better is there anyway I can improve the battery life?? Cause there should be something which is draining battery as I have only used laptop to watch a few lectures so there isn't any load whatsoever. And I am quite certain I used to get almost double or more in windows.

Lol I agree about comparing. It was just to give the idea though

also I went through the guide and as they suggested power management is working (it looks life the left image provided there). I even used CPUFriend with low frequencies but no help

Any solution other than that??

So I was googling about the poor battery life issue and one weird question pop into my mind I know it's very noob question but I thought why not ask it anyways. So I was thinking whether using SMCBatteryManagers and Using ACPIBatteryManager from rehabman make any difference in battery life or it's just for the battery status ?

PS: I got this question as I was wondering what if the battery status which I can see is wrong