D630 OS X Lion Install Guide

seb3

Hi Hervé, thanks for your answer...

This afternoon, after a reinstallation and some other tasks, I get a properly working hackintosh on a D630, at least for two or three hours... Tomorrow I will do some more tests.

I am sorry but I haven't the information about the KP's, I formatted the drive again and I didn't check that thing before. If I get the KP again, I will try to catch it and I will inform here.

Yesterday, I tried to add the kext for the ethernet copying it in /E/E and using myFix, but when the process ended, I got a KP and then, KP's every 5-10 minutes.

Today, I followed this other method. I installed EDP and then, I run the edp command, First of all, the command deletes the content in /E/E. And then, the script continues working... At this point, while the script was working, I copied the BC5772D.kext in the /E/E folder. After doing this, the edp script called to the myFix and did a merge of /E/E and system extensions.

With this method, my hackintosh is apparently working well now. Many thanks to all of you for this :)

Now, I need to change the wifi card because it is a Intel one, and it doesn't work.

I posted it here because the EDP script has a little fail when it is downloading the kext for the ethernet, and I don't know if you want to solve it. At least for the D630 model. I saw this same problem in other pages at the forum. <- Edit: Ok, I see in other posts that you are working in solving this issue, thanks :)

Another problem found: I lose the ethernet connection when the computer sleeps. Is it a known issue? I will try to search a little.

Thanks!

Best regards!

ISO

Hello again, long time no see :)

I am trying to install the Lion on my laptop. Installed successfully but I have some questions:

When I close the lid, the system goes to sleep but when I try to open the lid, system goes off instantly, like the power is gone (HD stops with a sound as in lost power).

And second question:

If I want to update to 10.7.5 where can I find the sleepenabler.kext? Can you point me the right direction. As of now I am dloading the combo update. 

BTW, touchpad seem to behave erratic, I don't use the pad so often bur when I need to, the pad performance is low, I mean it doesn't feels all of my movements.

Thanks for the tutorial and millions of thanks for the EDP. 

Specs: d630 with intel x3100 1440x900

• Administrators

Did you install the EDP package and do a system build? When in there, select VoodooPS2Controller or MyHack controller as opposed to ANV-SLice which I think is default. The system build will install the sleepenabler kext if it's required.

If you have not done your EDP system build, do it after running your 10.7.5 combo update but before the reboot.

Thanks for the prompt reply sir.

Yes I did the EDP system build before upgrading to 7.5. Now I have updated the system and do a system build again before the restart. But I have selected the anv-slice. If I do a system build again, is EDP going to change it to voodops2 or should I do a fresh install the system from scratch?

And when I try to open the lid after closing and sleeping the system, the BIOS settings reset. Is that happened to someone or covered before?

• Administrators

Just re-run the EDP system build. That can be done at any time. No need to re-install the OS from scratch!

System reset on wake is not something that normally affects the D630. Make sure your BIOS settings comply with the published recommended parameters. You would not have confused D630 with D620 by any chance? Because the D620 GMA does need a system password to avoid that particular wake problem.

Thanks, I did a fresh install meanwhile. Installed the update before doing anything. But when I tried to do a system build with EDP it KP'ed with the loginwindow service. I am now installing a fresh copy, I will try to EDP the system and then reboot then update then re-run the EDP with the settings you said. I will post results on other topic because I see this is a guide, not a discussion. Apologies for writing in this topic so far. 

Hello again,

I have received my correct CPU (T7500 2.2GHZ) and installed without any problems. Now I am defintiely sure I have d630. 

Installed 10.7.0 after that configured the EDP and done the build with following settings:

Changed the ps2 to voodoops2

Removed sleepenabler, nullcpupowermanagement and emulated sppedstep because I want to run my laptop at max speed all the time.

Now everything seems  working but when I close the lid laptop goes sleep as expected. But when I opened the lid again my hackbook shuts down immediately and resets all the BIOS settings to it's defaults. 

What am I doing wrong?

• Administrators

If you remove NullCPUPowerManagement, you need to ensure your Chameleon boot plist is adjusted accordingly, i.e. enable P+C States, etc.

Secondly, you're choosing to configure and run your Hack your own way, not the way we recommend (after thorough research and testing, you can imagine). As such, don't be too surprised to experience issues.

I've run a D630 X3100 without SleepEnabler & NullCPUPowerManagement but with adjusted boot plist. I can't remember how long I tested this, but I think it would occasionally KP or something like that so I returned to the EDP standard settings.

It's entirely up to you now...

You are right sir, but I don't like the speedstep app that runs in background and adjusts the speed of CPU. I am running 10.6.8 edp'ed and removed theese without any problems. Can I use my boot.plist on Lion too?