D630 OS X Lion Install Guide

seb3

• Administrators

Hi, just follow the procedure provided in the EDP section of the web site, making sure you use the correct bootpack for your D630. It'll be much more easier than the above guide, which is somehow obsolete nowadays.

Hi guys i am so new here but as a result i am running a D630 with everything functioning including Bluetooth, Wifi (Via Broadcom bought from Ebay), Sleep works perfectly even with lid. This thing is in every way a Lattbook (punn intended).

I used ihack to make a SL stick and after setting up a bunch of stuff (most i dont remember now), I then ran the auto EDP as it said it needed the internet to work. I really dont know much but after i rebooted i had a perfect working D630. After a few days a got the nerve to to run the SYSTEM UPDATE from apple live: and BAAAAM i have a fully updated macbook...i mean Hacbook. My video is the intell X3100...think it said 965 in the beginning. Happy to be a part of this comunity.

I forgot to mention that i did install win7 and flashed the bios to A18 then went and did the OSX thing which removed Windows. I am happy to be able to use this as a dedicated DJ Machine to run Virtual DJ and Serato for my System. Works fine.

And yes i have a Apple logo on the back that starts a lot of conversations lately.

I installed the kextr with kextloader, and the wifi card is from azurewave (coming from a asus) , i know it isnt really supported but the wifi does work now, but the lan did stopped , btw Herve thank you very much for all youre support, even if you dont know it, i read the hole d630 yesterday, almost everyones post and i learned alto of youre post :D

im not sure if i can remove the kext and what will do then

• Administrators

Go to Apple Menu -> About this Mac -> System Report. In the PCI or Network section, you should see the details of your card -> give us the Vendor Id + Device Id

Try and re-run myFix full to try and recover LAN usage.

i thin you mean this section:

ethernet:

Type: Ethernet Controller

Bus: PCI

Vendor ID: 0x14e4

Device ID: 0x1673

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1028

Subsystem ID: 0x01f9

Revision ID: 0x0002

Link Width: x1

BSD name: en0

Kext name: BCM5722D.kext

Location: /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BCM5722D.kext

Version: 1111

in the configuration screen its says no cable connected, sure it is :P