Mac OS X Snow Leopard Install Guide for D620

JawhnL5

• Administrators

Ok, but getting hold of EDP 1.9.2 is not straighforward any more.

I followed the EDP3 documented process to re-install SL (up to 10.6.8) on external USB drive and it worked smoothly and without hiccups for my D620+D630. To me, the latest method is totally "kosher" for SL too.

EDP3 supports Snow Leopard, so it's sort of "universal" now.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Either

- use Finder->File->Search then type the file name as provided with Syonagar

or

- browse through the hard disc tree, starting from the root. Extra is a folder located directly at the root.

I have installed Lion (bought from Apple Store) on a d620 (core2duo) that is working well. I really would like to also get snow leopard running on another D620 DuoCore (note not Duo 2 core). I have looked for legit DvD and download options without success. Any advice on where to obtain legit copy? Someone local is willing to provide me with a dmg, but if I go this way I want to be confident it hasn't been "tampered with". Can someone provide a chechsum of their 10.6.0 dmg for verification? I have spent hours googleing this and I still have no "firm" answers.

Thanks

EDIT: Okay I just googled snow leopard "DVD" and I see that Amazon has a dvd for around $100!! now is this the only option?

I finally called Apple and they have SL DvD for $20 for 1 lic or $30 for 1-5 lic