Dell Latitude E6320 Thread

Antony

Try removing voodoosdhc, it breaks sleep in some of my systems.

I'll try that, I'd rather have sleep than an SD card reader...

Just noticed you don't have AppleHDADisabler when using VoodooHDA, did you remove AppleHDA in S/L/E?

I did, but I'll check again.

Try removing voodoosdhc, it breaks sleep in some of my systems.

Just noticed you don't have AppleHDADisabler when using VoodooHDA, did you remove AppleHDA in S/L/E?

OK, now I have sleep working and by using your DSDT from the last page it will sleep when the lid closes. I tried using your AppleHDA instead of the VoodooHDA and still got no audio. So I'm back to the VoodooHDA, using your DSDT and I have sleep working perfectly. I had to sacrifice the SD card reader, but I can live with that. I'm assuming there's no other way to get that working, is that right?

Thank you very much for the time and assistance, it's truly appreciated.

Also, the large battery that is available for these E series machine that snaps onto the docking port works, but never shows as depleting, it always shows as charging as far as I can tell. 

Next up is to install a backlit keyboard to see if that will work and to remove the DVD drive in favor of another HD that I hope to install Windows on for dual booting. Has anyone here tried that yet?

Next up is to install a backlit keyboard to see if that will work and to remove the DVD drive in favor of another HD that I hope to install Windows on for dual booting. Has anyone here tried that yet?

Backlit keyboard arrived and I just got it installed. It works great. It's lit when you're typing, dims out when the machine sleeps and lights back up after the machine wakes when you hit any key. Real happy with this addition.

well now that it is sleeping with the dsdt change you can retry the SD reader to determine if that now functions properly. i believe users have used the rom bay for dual booting but I do not recall if it has it's issues.

Without the VoodooSDHC the SD card reader doesn't work.

I should have the drive bay later today and may have a chance to get windows installed. Others have reported that windows wants the drive it's installing to in the main bay, but that it can be moved after install. That shouldn't be an issue. I'm assuming the chameleon bootloader will recognize a windows drive. I'll find out soon.

remove the osx drive before windows install. just to be safe. windows likes rewriting boot sectors. even on drives it has no reason too.

Thanks, yeah I had to as Windows wouldn't install on the drive in the second bay. It's installing now. I'll report back when it's complete.

• Moderators

Backlit keyboard arrived and I just got it installed. It works great. It's lit when you're typing, dims out when the machine sleeps and lights back up after the machine wakes when you hit any key. Real happy with this addition.

Yes, I have this too and like it a lot. Try this version of AppleHDA.

Can you confirm if you got full QE/CI?