Dell Latitude E6320 Thread

Antony

I managed to install 10.8.2 on my e6320 using myhack and everything is working but speedstep and sd card reader (also webcam). I didn't use EDP wich was breaking boot but only used the kext i needed. Only one thing is bothering me, is there a way to boot without verbose ? it's making boot so long...   and also what kext should i use for battery management ? voodoobattery doesn't work at each boot. 

hi all,

new on this forum, quite new also on the hackintosh world.

I have followed the guide, and successfully build a D630, with 10.6.3

I then tried onto a e6320, with 10.8 and 10.8.2 but without success: the result is the same. the internal HDD is not recognized. The disk utility only shows the USB, from which I'm trying to install the system.

used bootpack for 10.8, 6220 and 6230, same result.

can someone help me? should i use a bootcd just for let the installer recognize the internal hdd? or install another bootloader to the install usb stick instead of chameloen?

PS; i tried iFail L2 USB, and pre-booting with clover was able to install it. But as you say, vanilla is better ...

wasn't included into the bootpack?

now i'm re-trying. for the HDD controller, is it visible from "dmesg" output?

update:

tried also UEFI in bios, nothing changed.

update:

I was using an HDD into a USB case, not just a pen. May be that was the problem?

i decided (luckily) to use the disk not as USB, but as e-SATA (the case has dual mode capability) and magically worked

Now i see all two disks, and i'm starting the installation!!!

hopefully it will work for everything.

I will post an update when finished. 

did not succeed.

end up with: not able to install osx, at the very latest step, after the extra installation.

tried to reboot, and know I see:

boot0: GPT

boot0: test

boot0: GPT

boot0: test

boot0: error

started again with the installer, using myhack I re-installed chameleon, but it does not change anything.

starting with installer and from the menu selecting the new system, ends up with "..waiting for root device .."

any suggestion before i go to sleep?

latest update:

i removed the disk from e6320, connected usb to d630 SL10.6.3, run myhack from there (install chameleon and run myfix)

re-inserted into 6320 and now it loads up until "still waiting for root device ..."

tomorrow while in win7 i will take note about chipset and sata controller. may be I'm near to the end.

@Bronxteck

thank you for the suggestion, i will try this evening.

the SATA is:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C03&SUBSYS_04921028&REV_04

Intel® Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller

and the other components in the PCI bus are:

Intel® 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 1C10

finally I was able to install everything!! re-formatted the disk and re-built the installation media from the beginning. zeroed also the beginning of the hdd (cat /dev/zero > /dev/rdiskxxx)

I run in trouble after the installation, and solved using champlist for re-installing chameleon.

I  then copy-cloned the obtained system to a friend of mine, with the same laptop, and it seems now working (i'm writing from his laptop) ;-)

thank you for this great work!!

Now I'm going to fine tune the system, and I'm looking for a way to optimize and fasten the system: where do I have to start from? the errors in the startup log (dmesg output or other)?

in addition, just to confirm, the external screen attached to via connector is not working.

do you know if it is possible to load a driver for the touchpad having multitouch capability?

and also,  one annoying thing happening to the laptop: as soon as the system is starting up, when it arrives the login screen, it goes stand-by. do you know why?

wifi (intel) is not working, I've just ordered a broadcom (dell dw1510 half size). currently working with wireline ethernet.

I have managed to get everything except for the card reader working on my E6320. I have the non Nvidia (HD3000) 2.8Ghz i7 model. This should work on any E6X20.

My Bios version is A15 (Dsdt was compiled from this Bios under Linux)

I will attach my extra folder and 2 kexts from s/l/e

Trackpad scrolling was made to work with this guide (https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2545-new-touchpad-driver-for-e6520-alps/) Well done and thanx! :)

Sound was got working by patching HDEF in the dsdt and using a modified AppleHDA and a Fake92HD** kexts. Buttons work correctly to control audio (HDMI audio not tested yet)

I swapped out my Intel wifi card for a real Apple one.

I installed the system using the MyHack method. You will need a usb KB and mouse for the installation.

Install the trackpad scrolling afterwards using the linked guide.

Running 10.8.4 updated via software update from 10.8.3 (back up and replace AppleHDA first)

Good luck, If anyone figures out the card reader, please let me know.

Files below <_<

Dell E6x20 A15.zip