Precision M6800: loss of brightness control after Big Sur update to 11.3

draskostar

• Administrators

Lost brightness control too on my E6230. I have PNLF device built into the patched DSDT; it was something I had added years and years ago; need to remove that and opt for SSDT-PNLF table as posted on, say, Dortania. This may fix the brightness issue.

• Administrators

Brightness control restored in 11.3 on my E6230 after removing device PNLF from the patched DSDT (it was a very old patch of mine) and adding SSDT-PNLF table (from Dortania).

@draskostar watch out with your ACPI settings with regards to iGPU: if you have renamed GFX0 to IGPU in your patched DSDT rather than through bootloader's ACPI device renaming, you'll also have to rename GFX0 to IGPU in SSDT-PNLF too.

@Jake Lo

Please find enclosed ioreg + efi:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nk66YT0EtCO9f8L_uJqXD7bQPY_-eYHs/view?usp=sharing

@Hervé

If I use my bios device name for HD4600 (PCI0.GFX0) no success; if I rename PCI0.GFX0 to PCI0.IGPU also no success. On 11.2.3 SSDT-PNLFCFL was enough for me (even thought I have Haswell). I also enclosed a file that worked for me before 11.3.

SSDT-PNLFCFL.aml.zip

• Administrators

I don't think you should be using that SSDT-PNLFCFL on a Haswell laptop. Given that you rename GFX0 to iGPU in your OC config, I'd have used the regular SSDT-PNLF table, as is, i.e. with references to GFX0.

NB: I note that you've not disabled the nVidia dGPU; is that normal?

@Hervé

With regular you mean that one from opencore’s website? So I then put this SSDT-PNLF into folder ACPI. Should I also enable rename patch in ACPI settings?

Why would I need to disable Nvidia? I generally use internal screen (hd4600) but If I connect to external monitor then k4100m is available.