E7440: Headphone Audio Catalina 10.15.6 Clover

Hi everyone, I want help with this headphone problem that gets stuck and returns to work once the system sleeps. I've tried a lot and couldn't find solutions. Any help would be greatly appreciated I did everything from CodecCommander and alc_fix but to no avail.

Auto switching is working and everything is fine but the headphone is crashing and coming back on when I sleep, I am currently trying to create a DSDT file for my device, I have extracted the original file and I want to correct it Can you help me this would be much appreciated

• Administrators

Today, you should avoid patching a DSDT and concentrate of patching ACPI stuff through bootloader config (eg: device/function renaming) and SSDT substitutes. 

28 minutes ago, Jake Lo said:

@mhamoudelemam

Which layoutid are you using?

12 is the one I use on E7440.

You can try 18 and 55 to see it there's a difference.

I use 18 and the sound works perfectly except for this problem. I installed the system from about 10 months ago. It suddenly disconnected in this period about 4 times and it shows Clover screen, but it rarely happens, so I thought it had something to do with the DSDT file

46 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Today, you should avoid patching a DSDT and concentrate of patching ACPI stuff through bootloader config (eg: device/function renaming) and SSDT substitutes. 

You mean I use the converted DSDT file directly without debugging it? Sorry, I am not very experienced in this field, but I try to make my device as stable as possible

• Administrators

The E6440 I had several years ago was also fitted with ALC292; headphones regularly went silent and I always had to put the computer to sleep and wake it to recover headphones audio. I would also have no audio at all if warm booting into OS X:macOs from Windows; I always had to do a cold boot.

Post your EFI folder so that we look at it in case there's something obvious in it on the audio front.

• Administrators

2 x 1st comments:

1. I don't think yo need that SSDT-ALC292 table.
  2. I don't think you ought to have those power settings defined under HDEF device in your patched DSDT.

In your Clover config:

• remove -xcpm and kext-dev-mode=1 boot args; those are completely deprecated (kext-dev-mode=1 applied only to Yosemite!).
  • InjectIntel and ig-platform-id no longer need to be enabled/defined with Lilu + WEG kexts; the patched DSDT also contains the properties injection required for Haswell HD4x00; no need to duplicate those settings everywhere.
  • there are lots of kext patches that can be removed. The deprecated AppleHDA patches are disabled, just remove them; same applied to IOGraphicsFamily patches, totally deprecated

Basically, do clean-up your config to return to a sound base without all those duplicates and unnecessary settings.