E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

Try the 10.8.4 wifi fix by replacing the airportd file with the one in the first post...

And no, the Broadcom kext shouldn't effect the ethernet speed/connection. I have the same kexts in the same configuration and my ethernet works fine.

Will do.  I'm busy starting from scratch just in case right now.  I had an old laptop with a mac-compatible Atheros Wifi Half Mini card in it, so I took it out and put it in my E6410 and gave the old laptop the Intel 6200n.  According to many it is supported by Mac OS X without the need of kexts.  I will also grab that airportd fix in the first post.  This is fun stuff.  Once I get it working to satisfaction I can start playing with xcode. :)

Kind of off topic, but I also read an article on Macbreaker about Dell XPS 8500 (desktop) being an excellent Hackintosh.  They have refurbished models in the outlet store for like $720 right now.  You can put a coupon in and save another 20% off that price (but I think the coupon ends today - keep eyes peeled they have them all the time).  I might grab one of these soon.

Hello Everyone,

We have one strange problem ? We made all thing correct and also install process working very well but when it's about finished 2 minutes the setup giving error "Please reinstall your system " ... 

We couldn't find the reason why .. 

We have Dell Latitude E6410 with nvidia 310M ... 

Thank you from now ..

Update:  Everything is working now, including wifi.  Using the Atheros I found in the old laptop.  I'm posting this from my new Hackintosh Pro. :)

Congratulations!

Hello Everyone,

We have one strange problem ? We made all thing correct and also install process working very well but when it's about finished 2 minutes the setup giving error "Please reinstall your system " ... 

We couldn't find the reason why .. 

We have Dell Latitude E6410 with nvidia 310M ... 

Thank you from now ..

Before the message appears, were you able to select all the MyHack settings (remove three kexts, use your own Extra folder)?

I've tried quite a games on this latop now. :)  So far:

From my Good Old Games account (www.gog.com)

Wing Commander I, II, III

Strike Commander

Wing Commander Privateer

All of the above are flawless on this laptop.  My fighter pilot days have returned!

Newer games from Steam:

X-Com Enemy Unknown - works fine but a little slow, lower settings might help - current at medium and low

Civilization V - works perfectly at medium to low settings

My MSDN Subscription allows me to get the whole suite of Microsoft products for Mac OS X for free (I'm a developer). Office 2011 is super nice on this laptop.  Picked up CoRD for doing remote work on some of my Windows machines in my office.

Next games I want to pick up off GoG or Steam are the King's Bounty games.

Anyhow, I'm happy I found this site and this thread.  My E6410 was not really being used for anything fun like this.  

BTW I made my install USB by booting to ML from VMWare Image in Windows and the purchased ML from Apple Store and following these instructions.

First Off Great Guide!

I installed everything just fine, shortly after I installed Windows 7 64x on a partition i created. I re-installed chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) 1.11.1 afterward using another mac on my Macintosh HD Partition and I got my bootloader back. The problem is that OSX 10.8.4 wont boot unless I use the flags -x -v. Any thoughts? I did a quick Google search but couldn't find much.

post-12384-0-76282500-1373090580_thumb.jpg