E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

Okay, so I checked the BIOS and there isn't an option to enable/disable the VGA output; my bad! Guess I've been working on too many systems in the past few month...

Also, the kexts you'd need to delete/replace are the ones beginning with "NV" (or Nvidia) in S/L/E...

Not related to my problem but the VGA option is on dell latitude e6410 A15 bios I'm currently on and works. (With my 4GB)

Edit** after checking I thought o saw it under system config - misc devices but it gone hmm

Where is the option located in the bios?  I just updated to A15 and still don't see it.

edit:  After updating Bios I still get the same black screen :(

I have chameleon 2.1 which was the supposed fix.  Does anyone have any other ideas?

I had the same issue I couldn't get it to work. My solution was easy because I have the dock that it came with when you turn it on while its docked all the ports on the dock become usable unfortunately i could only clone my display and not extend it.

Still having a problem with 8GB of ram, I put each stick in 1 at a time and it works. bout it wont work with any ram that exceeds 4GB i even mismatched the ram with 1 4GB and 1 2GB still no luck not sure this is a Mac issue more like a Latitude e6410 issue i don't know where else to look been at it for a 2 days. I did find that on the A09 Bios issue it was suppose to fix this but im on A15 with the same results.

Sorry to chime in on this thread, but, Dells can be real particular with the RAM they use, I've seen it many times. Additionally, I used the kit number for your RAM kit and went to the reviews at Newegg, clicked on those who gave it one star and found several reviews concerning issues with Macs, so it might be conflicting with the software. If you have a hard drive you can install Windows on and check, you can perhaps narrow it down to either a hardware or software issue. Having said that, the memory you purchased is optimized for windows laptops, the kit starting with CMSA (as opposed to CMSO) is optimized for Macs. Presumably this optimization is software related as both are built similarly these days. Checking this memory in Windows might validate the issue is a software compatibility issue

Sorry to chime in on this thread, but, Dells can be real particular with the RAM they use, I've seen it many times. Additionally, I used the kit number for your RAM kit and went to the reviews at Newegg, clicked on those who gave it one star and found several reviews concerning issues with Macs, so it might be conflicting with the software. If you have a hard drive you can install Windows on and check, you can perhaps narrow it down to either a hardware or software issue. Having said that, the memory you purchased is optimized for windows laptops, the kit starting with CMSA (as opposed to CMSO) is optimized for Macs. Presumably this optimization is software related as both are built similarly these days. Checking this memory in Windows might validate the issue is a software compatibility issue

Thanks, that's exactly as i found out today. The ram i purchased said 10666 suppose to be compatible but as I found out only RAM designed for 1066 NOT 10666 will work for anything above 4GB of ram and it is not the same in the eyes of dell. I hope this helps people I am now at 8GB with DDR3-1066.

I tried another monitor and still no video.  Anyone have ANY idea why this is happening?  Everything works except this and I really do NEED an external monitor.  Has anyone had this problem AND fixed it?

This dock works like a champ. I don't know why I don't have to install any drivers regardless of OS but all the ports work must be a internal DELL thing. Even works with Linux and Backtrack OSs. Just have it docked when you power on. $57

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Dell-Latitude-E6410-E-Dock-Port-Plus-Replicator-A-Grade-W-AC-ADAPTER-/330927347207#vi-content