Precision 5520: No HDMI output

• Administrators

Your Maxwell Quadro M1200 (not M12000) appears correctly disabled since it's not visible in IOReg.

But first thing first: please post your system's specs in order to confirm whether your Precision is indeed fitted with a Skylake CPU, not a Kaby Lake CPU. Right now, you seem to be confused on the matter. Your IOReg suggests to me you have a Skylake model (iGPU with device id 8086:191b = HD530).

Regarding the (apparent) Intel HD 530 iGPU, despite running Big Sur and Monterey (you took your IOReg in Big Sur), not Ventura, you inject Kaby Lake properties (device id 0x5912 and KBL framebuffer 0x591b0000), not Skylake. You also use SMBIOS MBP14,3. If you have a Skylake CPU with HD530 graphics, this is incorrect given that Big Sur and Monterey are expected to run with SKL settings, not Kaby Lake HD6x0 settings (and you do not use WhateverGreen kext v1.6.X with boot arg -igfxsklaskbl).

You also:

• inject boot arg agpdmod=vit9696 which is unlikely to be required
  • inject a whole load of properties which, I think, is irrelevant:

HD530_properties.jpg

I certainly don't inject any if this on my Skylake/HD520 Latitude E7270 and HDMI output works just fine, I just need to inject the boot arg igfxonln=1 to retain built-in LCD when HDMI is connected.

Assuming you indeed have a Skylake platform with HD530 graphics, you really should:

1. revert to SKL properties injection (device-id likely not required, SKL framebuffer 0x191b0000 or 0x19160000); see the WEG manual here.
  2. remove the properties I've highlighted in red
  3. use SMBIOS MBP13,1
  4. if applicable, patch your BIOS to set DVMT to 64MB so that you no longer need to patch fbmem and stolenmem in your config (and gain 4K output along the way).

If you were to continue with Kaby Lake settings and retain KBL framebuffer 0x591b0000, please note that you'll have to:

1. update Lilu and its PlugIns (AppleALC and -most importantly- WhateverGreen) to the latest versions and add boot arg -igfxsklaskbl to your config.
  2. patch connector con1 for HDMI output or it won't work. Patch is explained here. It's best to opt for KBL framebuffer 0x59160000 which natively supports HDMI output.

Thanks very much for your reply:

I've switched to MBP 13,1 and tried 0x191b0000 and 0x19160000 I have also removed boot-arg agdpmod=vit9696 but my original bug / concern (wake from sleep) is still happening (the internal screen remains black / flickers after sleep).  

sysctl -a | grep brand = Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz

All ports currently functioning with 0x191b0000. Jake Lo's un-edited 5520 EFI obviously wasn't compatible with mine however it was able to wake from sleep without issue, so there's hope for me yet...