EMlyDinEsH

ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver (Mac OS X)

Thank you, but i've already tried this, it works but a little bit buggy...mouse mouvements not smooth, no multitouch or gestures at all, and also sometimes the right clic is activated without pressing the button

Hi. I tried to install it on MSI PE70 2QE with Synaptics P/2 touchpad.

After installation of last beta version and rebooting I couldn’t load OS.

If I try to use older version (beta 3, 4.6.5) I see empty window on system settings -> trackpad.

I tried to install kexts on EFI/Clover/kexts and/ on systemв/library/extensions (with Kext utility). What did I do wrong? 

Hello, I have a dell Inspiron 7359 and my trackpad has only basic features. For now, I am using the latest from this post as it is the only one that works. https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/9070-a-new-voodoops2controller-for-alps-touchpads-on-sierrael-capitan-1011410115/however, my trackpad isn’t an alps, it’s Elan and when ever I try the ApplePS2SmartTouchpad kext, it kernel panics. I tried the SmartElan one and only the keyboard works. I will attach an problem reporting files if needed. Thanks

Hello, I have a really big problem. 

KEXT works, no problem with keyboard but with touchpad...

Any multigesture isn't working. Two fingers tap, two fingers scroll - not even talking about 3-4 fingers gestures.

Works only - 1 finger tap.

Can you help me please ? 

- My touchpad is Synaptics - HP Elitebook 840 G3.

Best regards,

Driver works very well on my XPS 9550 running macOS High Sierra, much better than Voodoo. However, when I use this driver, sleep no longer works, which is a must for me as I travel a lot with my laptop. Is this a known bug? I've tried googling but could not find any help!

Hi everybody,

I have an Elan touchpad in my ASUS K501UQ laptop and the latest beta and 4.6.5 kext didn't work for me on High Sierra - it said that it could not detect touchpad during boot ("not detect touchpad" to be precise). Does this mean that my touchpad model is not supported? How to extract touchpad model info? I tried using lspci from Linux but it only said "Elan", nothing more specific.

Thanks!