ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Ramalama, sorry, but your points doesn't much sense for me. Please, let me explain why:

- Nobody told for Dines, that he NEED to use the Apple sources. Nobody held a gun to his head, you know.

- He is able to do something from scratch, everybody can see that in his other projects.

- If he do something from scratch, nobody cares what he do with the sources.

- In this specific case he used sources from Apple

- However he can read ( obviously ), he doesn't respect the rules, the licenses, the law.

-------------

You wrote, you would speak with me like grown ups, if i were some big name from the community. Really sorry, but i spoked with you like a grown up before, but you just told me: go fck yourself. I'm not really sure, if i want to continue this discussion with you anymore, but if you can give me any reason, why should we let Dines to violate the licenses and the rules, what every other osx86 community member and developer respects, i'll read it and will discuss about that happily.

But it would better to see the sources, than writing wall-of-text here. Sorry, it is not against you, i just have better things to do :)

Thats for now,

Best regards,

miqlas

• Administrators

i can see both points of views but even apple does not release all there code even though they are also bound. there are a lot of instances like that; like apple usb3 code and many many others as a point of reference. he has technically fulfilled his duty by releasing the code snippets he has already if it has not changed. which is the ps2 parts and the voodoo parts. but i also can agree that he could use a hand in furthering his kext. the only issue i see is that it only takes 2 minutes 2 fork over a git repo and call it your own which also happens quite frequently ,and they do not submit there changes to trunk either if they did then we would just be downloading from the original  voodoo and not from a renamed forked branch. so either way i see faults.

• Like 1

@Bronxtech said everything  which i want to say 

@santafe he is not violating license , LA which gives right close source until he want . and if you wan to help him contact him directly wether his decission to take or not . 

For Dinesh i say he is very Hardworking and Good Guy 

there are so many developers in Hack Comm whom made many kexts , have you seen anyone who is providing this level of dedication and Support for his all threads .

Source on Git dev working alone , no one contributing just enjoying Fruit , Clover Development is different which is not started by one person there was a team who made it possible that time clover was closed source ..

Regards 

Deepak 

• Like 1

EMlyDinEsH,

Your driver is awesome in El Capitan, save for a couple issues:

• The Backlight DSDT patch causes your KEXT (4.4.5 x86_64) to kernel panic the system on boot. (Will get a pic for you soon -- have to get a better camera)
  • I would really love to have the virtual buttons on my ELAN v4 to not contribute to gestures. I keep accidentally triggering the gestures just by having a finger on the "buttons," causing all sorts of unintended/weird effects.

Thanks for everything so far! Your driver is so awesome.

Hi there,

Great little kext. I love all the customisation options. However I cannot get the 3 finger swipe back/forward to work. I've modified the PS2Keyboard kext to ISO mode (I do have an ISO keyboard) and tried several keyboard ID's, however it is a bit unclear to me which value I should be using. When you say 0x30 for example, am I supposed to set the value to "0x30", "30" or "48" (hex to int converted value)? Also, is there a definite way of identifying which layout I need to use instead of trial and error? For example:

defaults read /Library/Preferences/com.apple.HIToolbox.plist

Gives me the keyboard ID recognised by the OS but I doubt it is the one I should be using since it did not work.

Thanks!

Great driver! Thanks for the hard work.

Everything seems to work really well on my Samsung ATIV book 5 with élan touchpad.

However, inertia scroll only seems to work in one direction.

Scrolling towards the bottom of a web page has inertia scroll, but scrolling up to the top of a web page does not.

If you can fix this, would be working 100% on this samsung notebook!

FIXED: It must have been a change to the plist I did, redownloaded, reinstalled, works perfectly!

Thanks again.

Hi

Thanks for the great work with the touchpad driver. 

I have an Asus vivobook Q200 with i3-3217u packed inside with OS X EL Capitan running smooth. I have installed the touchpad driver but I was having a hard time trying to get the four finger swipe desktop switching. I remember it was working in mavericks with an old version of this driver.

please help me in getting the four finger swipe working to switch desktop spaces.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I have small problem... I'm on El capitan, and everything works perfect, I love my touchpad now! and I love you Bro! 

But I have problem with one thing when I type something on my keyboard, touchpad is not working, and it's okey, but when i click spacebar touchpad is turning on, and sometimes it click something... It's very irritating... If somebody know solution of this problem, please answer  :)

I mean that, I would like that if I click spacebar, touchpad will stay turn off, like while typing on normal keys  :)

Thanx a lot, because this kext is the best thing in my life!   :mrgreen:   :mrgreen:

Btw. I'm on Focaltech touchpad, kext v4.4.5