ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Thank you very much :-P

Version v3.5 has a better performance on scrolling!

However,I still cannot use the fn keys except fn+f7 (sleep display).

is there anything else i should do to enable the fn keys?

my laptop is asus a450jf.

Are you referring Real Fn keys (or) my simulated fn keys mode in keyboard? For real fn keys you need my AsusNBFnkeys driver.

Thanks again for this fantastic update!!

It works even better than before.

However there's still an annoyance rather than a bug : left button dragging

It works but not just as it should and as it does on windows.

And another thing : Double tap dragging

This feature is not present in my touchpad (V4) and there is no way to enable it from the plist.

Other than these little things it is a very complete driver and simply awesome. The prefPane is the only thing that is missing to this project to make it more user friendly.

Thank you very much again.

Regards

Did you enable "Dragging" and "Clicking" from Trackpad settings? These are needed for taps and dragging to work.

What you mean about Left button dragging? How it should work and how its working now? Explain this plz.

Hi,

The version 3.5 work well on 10.9.1 but there are some " little bug " with option double tapping drag. On version 3.3 all work fine but not with the new one, even if i can change the values on plist, many test i had do.

Another thing, can't enable the option to map Delete as command + backspace shortcut for deleting files.

Did you also enable "Dragging" and "Clicking" from Trackpad settings? Do you have any custom plist edits?

What you mean you can't enable the option"Map delete as xxx"? You mean can't find. Its located in the keyboard plist.

What you mean about Left button dragging? How it should work and how its working now? Explain this plz.

I'm sorry for the double tap dragging…I haven't enabled the dragging option into the trackpad settings…it was my fault.

As regards the left button dragging, it actually works…but once you click and start dragging it appears to be very slow and not just following the finger very well...

Another thing I'd like to ask, is there any way to personalize the gesture commands (I mean deciding the real buttons, e.g. assign 2 fingers swiping left to CMD+[ )??

However I repeat, this driver is by far the best choice…and my annotations are just to improve the already great features implemented.

A huge thanks again!!

Did you also enable "Dragging" and "Clicking" from Trackpad settings? Do you have any custom plist edits?

--> Yes, of course i have enable dragging on trackpad setting ;). I try to change FingLiftDragRelTimeOut ( 0-100-500 ), TapHoldDragPressure ( 0-30-40 ) and TapHoldDragStartTimeOut ( 0 or 1200)

The drop and dragging work but not precise with the release in particular but work fine on v3.3.

My another custom option EAPD fix enable, EdgeSwipe enable,

What you mean you can't enable the option"Map delete as xxx"? You mean can't find. Its located in the keyboard plist.

--> Yes i have find the option on keyboard plist and enable ( Make del into cmd + backspace = yes )

Work but not so easy...

--> Yes, of course i have enable dragging on trackpad setting ;). I try to change FingLiftDragRelTimeOut ( 0-100-500 ), TapHoldDragPressure ( 0-30-40 ) and TapHoldDragStartTimeOut ( 0 or 1200)

The drop and dragging work but not precise with the release in particular but work fine on v3.3.

My another custom option EAPD fix enable, EdgeSwipe enable,

--> Yes i have find the option on keyboard plist and enable ( Make del into cmd + backspace = yes )

Sorry, I don't get your issue with dragging exactly. If you could explain its behavior more then i could try to understand and try to fix. For Me(v3 hw) and other beta testers(v4) did not find any problems, so you need to explain then it would be helpful. 

I also tested making del as cmd + backspace shortcut for deleting files an its working fine. 

I'm sorry for the double tap dragging…I haven't enabled the dragging option into the trackpad settings…it was my fault.

As regards the left button dragging, it actually works…but once you click and start dragging it appears to be very slow and not just following the finger very well...

Another thing I'd like to ask, is there any way to personalize the gesture commands (I mean deciding the real buttons, e.g. assign 2 fingers swiping left to CMD+[ )??

However I repeat, this driver is by far the best choice…and my annotations are just to improve the already great features implemented.

A huge thanks again!!

Well, the drag works with the data the touchpad sends for diff and the acceleration it gets from OSX. Its fine to me and other testers i have so i can't try to change the acceleration related to drag for you only. If you have find this working in any of my other versions then i could try to look for otherwise If you need more acceleration then try to optimize the acceleration and DPI config in plist (or) third party apps i mentioned in the post.

2f swipes cannot be assigned as its used for scrolling. Will try to provide option to config in future if possible as right now its not my priority.

btw what is your touchpad hardware version and notebook model?

Sorry, I don't get your issue with dragging exactly. If you could explain its behavior more then i could try to understand and try to fix. For Me(v3 hw) and other beta testers(v4) did not find any problems, so you need to explain then it would be helpful. 

I also tested making del as cmd + backspace shortcut for deleting files an its working fine. 

Not so easy to explain even in french. I try to explain the bugs effects :

- The option tap to release don't work ( enable the option on the trackpad prefpane )

/--> Drag will be released after a single tap. You can enable this from Trackpad prefpane by enabling option "Drag Lock".

The option Drag Lock don't work correctly ( enable on the trackpad prefpane )

--  work if i want move a windows.

​-- Don't work if i want move a file or select a text.

and little bugs on the double tapping and drag but hard to explain.

Version V4

Well, the drag works with the data the touchpad sends for diff and the acceleration it gets from OSX. Its fine to me and other testers i have so i can't try to change the acceleration related to drag for you only. If you have find this working in any of my other versions then i could try to look for otherwise If you need more acceleration then try to optimize the acceleration and DPI config in plist (or) third party apps i mentioned in the post.

2f swipes cannot be assigned as its used for scrolling. Will try to provide option to config in future if possible as right now its not my priority.

btw what is your touchpad hardware version and notebook model?

Sorry, I meant 3 fingers swipes…it would be nice to configure it in such a way to go back and forward on safari for example…

However, I think I will wait for the release of the prefpane without having to reinstall the driver each time I change something in the plist...

BTW I have an Asus N56VZ running OSX 10.8.5 and the hardware version should be V4...

It works very very fine…these are intended just as refinements more than additional features, I repeat, the driver is simply outstanding and much much better than anything else on OSX world…very similar to my Magic Trackpad…

Thank you!!