840/850 G3 and Sonoma

BogusBogey

I upgraded my 850 G3 to Sonoma.

Changed the model from MBP 14,2 to 15,1 and I was able to install Sonoma (I used ocAuxiliaryTools.app to update Jake's OC 85 EFI to OC 95).

Sound worked, Network too. I don't know about bluetooth. Wifi didn't and here is when it gets tricky :( 

I made an attempt with OC Legacy Patcher but it didn't find the DW1560 wifi card.

@Jake Lo, do you think you can build a Sonoma configuration for the 8x0 G3 series?

Hi BogusBogey,

I also upgraded my Elitebook 850 G3 to Somoa. It runs but is not usable. the graphics are absolutely slow,

jerky and something is still not right.

It is well known that Intel Wifi does not work.

I have also tried other OCs available on the internet but they run smoothly but boot up forever. "Begin GFX firmware loading..."

What experience do you have?

Can I have your EFI folder!

BR Hartmut

To switch to Sonoma I recommend SMBios Macbookair 8.1 for Skylake, Kabylake and Kabylake Refresh, the HW gen is practically identical for these series and therefore the use of this SMBios guarantees the best functioning...... MacbookPro 15.x would be a stretch as it has a Coffelake CPU

AAPL,ig-platform-id Data 0000C087 or 0500C087
device-id Data C0870000

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 9:15 AM, kimaca said:

Can I have your EFI folder!

Sure, I will upload it later (as I’m writing this from my ipad right now).

I didn’t experience any slowness or something.

On 10/12/2023 at 7:19 PM, Baio77 said:

To switch to Sonoma I recommend SMBios Macbookair 8.1 for Skylake, Kabylake and Kabylake Refresh, the HW gen is practically identical for these series and therefore the use of this SMBios guarantees the best functioning...... MacbookPro 15.x would be a stretch as it has a Coffelake CPU

AAPL,ig-platform-id Data 0000C087 or 0500C087
device-id Data C0870000

Something surely to check out. 
Question: do you have wifi working and how did you do that?

• Administrators

Afaik, no. Continuity features are fairly limited with Intel cards. Please refer to the ITLWM documentation.

https://openintelwireless.github.io

On Hackintosh, full Continuity in Sonoma requires a Broadcom card fully supported up to Ventura (natively or not) + OCLP patching, native support for Wifi/Bluetooth being now limited to Apple proprietary Broadcom SOCs as published in our Sonoma release article + beta threads.