Fn HotKey and ALS sensor driver for Asus Notebooks

EMlyDinEsH

does anyone else have this glitch where simply pressing the FN key increases brightness by 1 value? I can lower the brightness using the fn + brightness down combo but i have searched thoroughly and I can't find anything?!

acer v5-571p laptop

this is a annoying when i increase volume it always increases brightness by pressing the fn key alone..

someone help? much appreciated

Everything is working good, but when I press fn+f7 to disable screen then I put computer to sleep and then I woke it up the brightness increase and decrease not working with fn keys. How to fix it?

Hi, I have the same problem as you.

As a workaround, sleeping the computer again fixes it for me.

Everything is working good, but when I press fn+f7 to disable screen then I put computer to sleep and then I woke it up the brightness increase and decrease not working with fn keys. How to fix it?

Hi, I have the same problem as you.

As a workaround, sleeping the computer again fixes it for me.

May be Fn + F7 was not cleared after sleep. Try to manually turn on the screen at _WAK method in DSDT and see. PM me if you want my help so i can take a look and make a patch.

does anyone else have this glitch where simply pressing the FN key increases brightness by 1 value? I can lower the brightness using the fn + brightness down combo but i have searched thoroughly and I can't find anything?!

acer v5-571p laptop

this is a annoying when i increase volume it always increases brightness by pressing the fn key alone..

someone help? much appreciated

May be your Fn key is triggering brightness keyboard scan code. Which driver you are using for your touchpad and Keyboard ? 

Sorry I can not write you, but I'm Polish and I use a translator .

After adding kext AsusFn the system does not display the icon CD-ROM drive (the bar at the top ), and are often mistakes and reboot the system.

Strange. Are you sure without my kext you have CD-ROM ? Double check and confirm me. If its so then PM me for beta test so i can debug.

as far I know in my DSDT, _Q1D = f5 (brightness down), Q1C = f6 (brightness up) & _Q19 = f8 ...tested with ACPIDebug

DSDT file attached ... thx

So you know methods used by brightness then manually edit them according to my patch and see. What are the Fn keys working and not working for you ?

I use Asus N550JK-DS71T with yosemite.

I just applied "Fn Brightness Keys Patch","Backlight PNLF-Intel-GFX0-Patch" and compile successful.

but it has one problem...

if press fn+f5, OSD shows slider down but display brightness get more bright.

and if press fn+f6, OSD show slider up but display brightness get more dim...

Very strange. Let me see your DSDT with my patches. Also send me your system log (/var/log) and save an ioreg file (use IORegExplorer v2.1 app) so i can take a look.

Hi,

i have Asus UX21A. I have problems with keys F5 and F6.

Work:

Fn+F1 - sleep 

Fn+F2 - enable/disable BT + WLAN

Fn+F3 - keyboard backlight down

Fn+F4 - keyboard backlight up

Fn+F5 - brightness down 

Fn+F6 - brightness up

It works on display a login and password to OS X 10.11. Once logged in, it stops working, but the brightness can be adjusted by a combination of SHIFT+F2 (down) and SHIFT+F3 (UP) ???????????????

Fn+F7 - on/off LCD

Fn+F8 - on/off external monitor (I do not know is working or not, have not tested.)

Fn+F9 -on/off trackpad

Fn+10 - mute

Fn+11 - Sound down

Fn+12 - Sound up

My kext:

ACPIBacklight.kext

ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext

AsusNBFnKeys.kext

EAPDFix.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IOAudioFamily.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

How to make the keys work properly?
I should be grateful if you still advise how to do:
1) 10.11 working display temperature and fan speed.

2) The charge status and battery capacity

Thanks !!! 

Is your problem solved ? 

Strange. Are you sure without my kext you have CD-ROM ? Double check and confirm me. If its so then PM me for beta test so i can debug.

So you know methods used by brightness then manually edit them according to my patch and see. What are the Fn keys working and not working for you ?MlyDinEsH

Ref: fn+f5 fn+f6  fn+f7

When you hit Fn+F7 you turn off the display, then sleep via any method.

Problem:

OS-X needs a display for startup/wake thus ignoring the state imposed by Fn+F7. You can confirm same by simply using Fn+F7 + Fn+F7 (i.e. Turn of display / Turn on display) this will return normal state with functioning ALS post wake up.

I hope this helps....

Jhawk