osx on asus m3a32-mvp deluxe

scuddy

Ive just tried to boot straight from the hdd and its come up with boot0: test boot0: error does this mean I havent installed chameleon correctly? I've got an error at the top of the wizard saying no chameleons.boot plist or something all I have in my extra folder is com.apple.plist

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

the drive probably has a k4 sector offset i know myhack chameleon installer fixes the issue. but sometimes it needs to be run a few times. then you can replace the boot file in the root of the partition if you need too.

Ive just tried a fix listed on macbreaker using my install dvd and disk utilities with the boot1h file on a usb stick then using terminal writing it to the osx partition, the only problem the bootloader screen comes up now after saying extra/com.apple.boot.plist is depreciated use file /extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist instead press any key to continue, the gui comes up says the same thing then the grey apple screen appears with kernel panics on. Whats my next move?

I renamed the com.apple.boot.plist to org.chameleon.boot.plist as mentioned but still get kernel panic and system uptime in nanoseconds I can boot it with the mod cd again afterwards but usually takes 3 or 4 attempts at least. 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/TJC/IMAG0319.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/TJC/IMAG0318.jpg

Im assuming by the red light on the chameleon bootloader gui that there is a problem somewhere, Ive tried a few different methods found on the internet but still doesnt boot

Scratch that, I just reinstalled osx over the top of my previous install without wiping it first and now it boots fine from the hdd with chameleon, blind luck on my part obviously being a newbie. thanks for all the help much appreciated, now just got to see if I can update to a newer version, anything I need to do before upgrading to Lion?

Right heres where Im at. Big thanks to Herve for trying to help me get my system working properly. Osx snow leopard 10.6.3 installed and seems to work fine the only problem Ive got is I seem to have bootloader issues, ive installed the necessary modules and a modified acpiplatform kext taken from EDP due to kernel panics but still no boot from hdd. It boots fine with mod cd but not from hdd. Also since installing EDP I now have no ethernet internet either, anyone got any ideas for my next move?

Hi guys, Ive managed to revert back to a working snow leopard 10.6.3 but after doing the combo update it wont even boot just resets the computer, any ideas as to my next course of action? Ive tried the using boot disk, retail dvd etc. it stops on pci configuration again