osx on asus m3a32-mvp deluxe

scuddy

• Administrators

USB kexts are not generic, USB support depends on your chipset.

I'm a bit lost with your keyboard & mouse problem... You seem to say your USB ports are working since you can read USB keys, but that you have no USB mouse and keyboard. Earlier, you mentionned USB wireless keyboard. So, which do you have ???

If bog standard USB keyboard & mouse, that should normally work OOB. Do you have any PS2 controller kexts in /Extra/Extensions at all?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the equipment Im using is the microsoft usb wireless keyboard and mouse, it worked fine when I first installed osx but since it restarted neither of them work at all now so had to resort to a ps2 keyboard which is an absolute knightmare. Also when booting sometimes it freezes on the usbf section. Having to navigate with a ps2 keyboard using just shortcuts is getting a bit tedious I can tell you, 

Ive borrowed a belkin usb bluetooth adaptor from a friend and a microsoft sculpt touch mouse which is supposedly mac 10.6 compatible and it doesnt even pick the mouse up at all, nothing seems to be working for me at the mo

Right then heres the latest, Using just ps2 keyboard managed to run chameleon wizard followed instructions etc and after restart osx will not boot, had to reset and boot with boot cd again instead, also bought a logitech usb wired mouse to see if that would work but still no luck. 

Finally got a working install of osx on my system, couple of questions though, what have i got to do with the chameleon wizard as cant seem to get it to work and cant find a tutorial, do I just select the Boot0hfs as Im going to dual boot with windows on a seperate partition and click install?

I checked all my bios settings were all correct changed my hdd as I had ordered a 2TB one, The first install I tried on my old 500Gb sata. All I did then was use the boot cd then just pressed enter with no boot flags at all and it installed fine, and best of all the wireless usb keyboard and mouse still work after reboot. The only thing I did differently this time was I didnt check the ElliottForceLegacyRTC kext On reboot i tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes and t still booted fine with no problems so just got to sort the chameleon bootloader out now so its permanent.