osx on asus m3a32-mvp deluxe

scuddy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

are those the only usb settings in bios?  legacy usb is usually to allow booting from usb devices and for usb 1 compatibility. you might have to edit your dsdt for uhci and ehci. also what boot flags did you finally use? there are a few usb fix flags in chameleon .... maybe that is why it worked and now not? accidentally removed it or them?

the only boot flags i used in the end were npci=0x2000 -v, im having to navigate with a ps2 keyboard i even tried installing a driver for my microsoft wireless usb keyboard but that didnt work either. how could i change the usb kext version?

• Administrators

I thought legacy USB meant compatibility with USB 1.1 or operation under USB 1.1 mode, i.e.slow speed. Usually, a BIOS offers USB legacy mode (1.1) or high speed (2.0) mode. Are you able to select one or the other at all? I'd expect a USB dongle (a Bluetooth one?) for a keyboard and mouse would still operate under legacy mode, unless it's only 2.0 compatible of course. On my Vostro, USB is configured for High Speed in the BIOS and I've had no problem with my wireless keyboard and mouse (Bluetooth models with USB bluetooth dongle), they work oob.

You could try booting with option "USBBusFix=No" (you'll see a list of 3 or 4 USB boot options if you interrupt the boot process at the delay bar and enter a ?) to see if that helps at all...

I dont use any boot flags now as its installed on my hard drive but trying to get usb working so i can then get to install chameleon so that it will boot on its own rather than have to keep using bootcd. I tried USBBusFix=No like you said but still no keyboard or mouse, it will read usb flash drives fine though, when is the delay bar?