Dell Latitude E6330

peekstar

Gary,

Sorry I didn't word that reply well.

When booting, with HDMI cable plugged in, only my laptop LCD works.

Then, once I get to login screen, both laptop LCD and external LCD are detected with the external taking over as the primary monitor.

I have my external LCD set as the primary display in OSX so this is expected.

I don't think so, but I'm not sure. 

I have disabled VT-d(Virtualization for Direct IO) in BIOS, not sure if it will help or not?

This may shed some light on the issue. When I boot with the external monitor connected, as I described before, the initial part of the boot screen is on the laptop lcd, but then the external monitor fires up with the logon screen (i.e. becomes the primary display). After logging on, if I manually put the computer to sleep, it starts up again after a few seconds, but this time both monitors start up [as configured in system preferences] with the primary switched back to the laptop lcd and the extended screen on the external monitor. BTW, both wake on usb / wake on LAN are disabled in bios.

Andy,

Have tried numerous versions of the trackpad drivers without success. You mention that you used v5 on your E6330. Just to make sure I did it correctly, the .kext goes to /S/L/E while the two executables go to /usr/bin/ ?

Tnx

Gary

• Moderators

Andy,

Have tried numerous versions of the trackpad drivers without success. You mention that you used v5 on your E6330. Just to make sure I did it correctly, the .kext goes to /S/L/E while the two executables go to /usr/bin/ ?

Tnx

Gary

Gary,

If you build using the myHack method, you should put the kext in E/E, the 2 exe in /usr/bin/ and the preferencepane in /Library/PreferencePanes. Delete or move to another directory AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and your PS2 kext. Run myHack/myfix/full and reboot.

• Moderators

Jake,

I use chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) and multifail so have no /E/E folder. Instead I put the kext in /S/L/E. Perhaps that's why it isn't being seen properly.

In that case, you'll have to locate all PS2 controller kext you currently using, rename it or delete it. Rebuild cache and permission with kext wizard or whatever you use.

I recommend you use myHack for the build as it keeps S/L/E clean and manageable. 

Hi guys,

Sorry, have had a manic few days at work so had no time to check here.

Anyway, as Jake said, I'd also recommend the myHack method. I first tried with unifail/multifail without success.

I then moved to myHack and haven't looked back since.

This may solve issues you have with the external monitors.

Interestingly though, my Alps kext is in S/L/E. It works fine but the pref pane settings are not saved after a reboot.

May do some more testing with this over the weekend.

Cheers

The Latitude e6330 I have has bios A01, and doesn't have a smartcard reader, so can't provide feedback to your question. In addition, I moved to Mavericks and boot with chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded). Everything is stock from multifail and the e6330 works 99.5% as it should. Use an external and laptop displays, and both work properly. No longer need to disconnect the external display when booting. The only thing that I've never gotten to work properly is the trackpad on the laptop, but for me that isn't an issue as I use an Apple Magic Trackpad (with a usb iogear bluetooth.

Hi there,

Just out of curiosity. Is the Broadcom Smartcard Reader supported? Really would make my day.

regards

PS: Can confirm BIOS A11 is working.

Hi Smeedy,

I have the smart card and finger print reader on my E6330.

But, I haven't tried to use any, and as I don't have any smart cards I cannot tell you if it works or not.

I think it is picked up by Mountain Lion though(device 0x5801, unless that is something else?).

Interesting you have gotten Mavericks running good Gary, I have struggled with myHack.

May try the other methods, what are you using for audio? VoodooHDA?

Cheers

Andy