Elchouby

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

I've used the EDP with the T430 profile and everything looks fine except: Wifi and bluetooth.

The Display has an issue: The system boot the Display with very dim brightness. Even after push the slider to maximum still dark. 

If I do a ctrl-alt-del, immediatly, I got a much better brightness. 

Another issue is sometimes I see flickering for some colors in my Chorme while navigating.

How to fix the display issues.

T430 type 2347A39

I've had my T430 working perfectly using EDP for many months. Full hardware acceleration and DP ports working (even using a docking station).  However I decided to upgrade the 1366x768 display to 1600x900.  

The issue is that the laptop display is blank.  I can remote into the machine and see that it recognizes the new display and hardware acceleration is enabled.  All other ports work as before.

I've tried setting device properties and the patched AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext mentioned earlier in this thread.  They enable the display, but without hardware acceleration on any port.

I'm not sure how to proceed from here.  

Hardware is a T430 type 2349-DG6, on 10.9.4.  Let me know if there is any specific hardware information that is required.

• Administrators

you can try injecting the screens edid or try anv's fix edid app. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290130-fixedid-v232-application-to-generate-overrides-automatically-for-apple-displays/ but from what i remember osx has issues with that resolution on some machines. i think the dell E series also has that issue. might be the type of connector ribbon used. you might also need to enable dual link in dsdt or using the bootloader options.

• Moderators

From my experience with upgrading display on a Dell E6420/E6520, you need to replace the ribbon as well. The ribbon need to support dual link display.

If you had done that, then you probably just need to patch your DSDT, if you have one currently working with dualLink.

I did replace the LCD cable with a dual link cable, and the display works fine in 1600x900 mode in Ubutnu/Windows.

I built a Display Override for my panel, and now I can see the display in System Information under Graphics/Displays (a good sign!).  However the display is still blank.

I'm wondering if it's coming down to a resolution issue with OSX that was mentioned above.  Did any Macs ship with a 1600x900 screen?

• Administrators

1600x900 is not an issue for OS X. That's what I have on a Latitude E6420 (and many others on other laptops) and it works perfectly. Did you try the DualLink Chameleon boot option as suggested? It's usually required for resolution beyond 1366x768.

I have this enabled in my boot.plist

<key>EnableDualLink</key>
<string>Yes</string>

An additional bit of information.  I can see the screen when in the boot loader and while OSX is booting.  Only toward the end of the boot process does trhe screen go dark.