New TouchPad driver for E6520 / ALPS

bpedman

I have no idea, everything seems to be in place.

Therefore something is wrong within my code, yet I don't know.

I'm sorry.

please see this discussion here

TimeWalker told me:

Either go back to VoodooPS2 1.8.8 which will supposedly (according to @Chocoholic anyway) works for your N5110 Alps or wait for the person responsible for Alsp trackpads to update sources and publish new binaries.. No other ways for you.

there is a solution but i can't do it, maybe with some help i can do it,

TimeWalker and RehabMan told me that if you update sources and publish new binaries and pushes to the repo on github my problem maybe will be solved

I had trouble installing the kext using kext wizard. It somehow messes up the kext cache.

Download and try reinstalling the kext using my util from here:

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3867-ikext-mavericks-kext-installer/

@sontrg:

Could you please push your changes (or at least the fixes) to the github.

The current rehabman version is broken. It'll also make your work available to lots of new users/testers since his kext is the most commonly used one.

RehabMan usually respects and credits any contributor to the project.

I had trouble installing the kext using kext wizard. It somehow messes up the kext cache.

Download and try reinstalling the kext using my util from here:

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3867-ikext-mavericks-kext-installer/

@sontrg:

Could you please push your changes (or at least the fixes) to the github.

The current rehabman version is broken. It'll also make your work available to lots of new users/testers since his kext is the most commonly used one.

RehabMan usually respects and credits any contributor to the project.

i install it by using ikext but not work

RehabMan told me that the kext will not work with my laptop unless sontrg update sources and publish new binaries and pushes to the repo on github

someone get it work here

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad (ClickPad support)

but i don't know how to do what he do!

Sorry, look like I have a misunderstanding using the git tools. I'm a mechanics, not an IT guy. Now things was pushed correctly to Bitbucket. I hate the hassle of creating lots and lots of account here and there. Anyway, I'll grab an Github account later.

• Like 1

Sorry, look like I have a misunderstanding using the git tools. I'm a mechanics, not an IT guy. Now things was pushed correctly to Bitbucket. I hate the hassle of creating lots and lots of account here and there. Anyway, I'll grab an Github account later.

can you give me the new kext to try it?

Thanks for the commits :)

RehabMan has merged your changes to the github.

The updated ALPS code will be included in the next release by RehabMan.

I noticed that the z_finger in the latest commits is set at 15 again though!! It works best for me when set to 30-40. Did you feel any difference in your testing?

you can manually change it permanently by setting a value in plist, so do not worry, anyway.

Rehabman will only publish only main branch binary, which would not include ALPS, unless he merge my code into the main branch. The later is hard to happen, anyway, since the code I have is not so good, and also require him to do a lot of work.

There would be no new kext, since that's everything I have for now. Unless some good soul donate me a laptop with v5 ALPS touchpad, lol

Hi, I have an ACER Aspire V3 771 with alps in windows.

I tried the V7 and the keyboard and the touchpad don't work at all.

I tried too the last voodoops2controller.kext in debug mode and I get this:

ps2bl: KKCL, KKCM, KKQC methods not found in DSDT

VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad Version 1.8.9 loaded...

ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad::probe entered...

VoodooPS2Trackpad: Identify bytes = { 0x0, 0x0, 0x64 }

VoodooPS2Trackpad: Identify TouchPad command returned incorrect byte 2 (of 3): 0x00

ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad::probe leaving.

ApplePS2SentelicFSP::probe entered...

ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad::probe leaving.

ApplePS2SentelicFSP::probe entered...

ApplePS2SentelicFSP::probe leaving.

ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint::probe entered...

ApplePS2Keyboard::start leaving.

E7: { 0x73, 0x03, 0x50 } E6: { 0x00, 0x00, 0x64 }ALPS Device? no

ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint::probe leaving.

VoodooPS2Mouse Version 1.8.9 loaded...

Hello! I have installed driver from 366 post. And my touchpad didn`n work. This I can see in system log:

2014-03-19 23:20:35 +0200 kernel[0]: VoodooPS2TouchPad Version 1.9.0 loaded...
2014-03-19 23:20:35 +0200 kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Trackpad: Identify TouchPad command returned incorrect byte 2 (of 3): 0x00
2014-03-19 23:20:35 +0200 kernel[0]: VoodooPS2TouchPad Version 1.9.0 loaded...
2014-03-19 23:20:35 +0200 kernel[0]: ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.
2014-03-19 23:20:35 +0200 kernel[0]: ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.
2014-03-19 23:20:35 +0200 kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint::identify: Found ALPS Device with ID E7=0x73 0x03 0x50, EC=0x73 0x02 0x02
2014-03-19 23:20:35 +0200 kernel[0]: Unknown ALPS touchpad, does not match any known identifiers: E7=0x73 0x03 0x50, EC=0x73 0x02 0x02
2014-03-19 23:20:35 +0200 kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Mouse Version 1.8.9 loaded...

Is it possible to add support of my touchpad?

Dell N7720