New TouchPad driver for E6520 / ALPS

bpedman

I tried @sontrg 2014-02-18 and 2014-02-19 but they didn´t work on my N5110. This is a bit strange since @ahmad had success on a N5110. 

I tried to put them on S/L/E and E/E (removing the old versions 1st), recreated the cache, removed my DSDTs and started without caches, but not success so far.

@ahmad, are you running Mavericks? And have you changed you BIOS to some mod one?

I found also this version: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/271573-guide-dell-inspiron-n5110/?p=1767733 which is working also. (VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip from the post and not the one inside the post install folder).

Thanks guys. 

I tried @sontrg 2014-02-18 and 2014-02-19 but they didn´t work on my N5110. This is a bit strange since @ahmad had success on a N5110. 

I tried to put them on S/L/E and E/E (removing the old versions 1st), recreated the cache, removed my DSDTs and started without caches, but not success so far.

@ahmad, are you running Mavericks? And have you changed you BIOS to some mod one?

I found also this version: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/271573-guide-dell-inspiron-n5110/?p=1767733 which is working also. (VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip from the post and not the one inside the post install folder).

Thanks guys. 

Yeah, I'm using 10.9.1 with a patched BIOS (though I don't think the BIOS makes a difference).

18 worked, but with 19 the keyboard stopped working (despite the touchpad working perfectly)!! 

I would recommend you use the newer kext in the post-install folder. It works very well. The only one I saw that actually works better is 2014-0218 except for the fact that FN keys were messed up and breakless.

I always delete the old kext before installing the new one using kext wizard. 

• Like 1

I can give bio mod a try. which one you used? And do you know if there is some way to patch it without windows?

Ps: I am using dsdt and kexts from the guide that I posted before.

I'm using an old patched BIOS. I'd recommend using the latest UEFI BIOS though because it should fix the HD3000 artefacts. 

I'd strongly recommend using the official BIOS flashing tool (in the first post in the N5110 thread on insanelymac).

Hints:

Close all apps, including your antivirus.

After flashing, Windows will freeze and fan will spin at maximum speed due to overwriting of MSR. All you need to do is remove the battery and put it back again, and everything will be fine :)

@sontrg:

You were right. I just reinstalled your latest (RehabMan-Voodoo-2014-0219.zipdriver and cleared the caches and IT WORKED.

The touchpad and FN keys are working beautifully :D

Could you please pull rehabman's latest code, merge your fixes with them because as of this moment the ALPS code in rehabman's driver (1.8.11) is broken. It detects the touchpad as a PS2 mouse since the ALPS driver doesn't initialise.

Log (this is all I get using rehabman's latest kext).

kernel[0] VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad Version 1.8.11 loaded...

kernel[0] VoodooPS2Trackpad: Identify TouchPad command returned incorrect byte 2 (of 3): 0x00
kernel[0] VoodooPS2Mouse Version 1.8.11 loaded...

Much appreciated :)

Of course, Rehabman does not merge our code yet, so there is no help. The only thing that confuses me right now is there is nothing change with the keyboard code, yet you cannot get your keyboard identified correctly, and the plist file has already cooperated the newest change... Post your IORegistryExplorer, please.

• Like 1