New TouchPad driver for E6520 / ALPS

bpedman

So exactly what works for you? What does not work? What do you expect? What is the trackpad model identifier?

Quick check: have you enabled the settings you need in System Preferences -> Trackpad?

@Jake Lo: I have got the code for trackstick from Npjohnson. Let me prepare a version using that code for you to test. It should not take long.

PS: Here it is. Take it with caution as I have nothing to test it except my trackpad.

RehabMan-Voodoo-ALPS-2014-0213-update-2.zip

• Moderators

So exactly what works for you? What does not work? What do you expect? What is the trackpad model identifier?

Quick check: have you enabled the settings you need in System Preferences -> Trackpad?

@Jake Lo: I have got the code for trackstick from Npjohnson. Let me prepare a version using that code for you to test. It should not take long.

PS: Here it is. Take it with caution as I have nothing to test it except my trackpad.

Tested on E6520, same result. Single click is like triple clicking. Seems like it's reading the speed from your code?

Tested on E6430 and noticed that the disabled touchpad when using trackstick is no longer working.

I know the trackpad disabling while using trackstick would not work, since I only replace the trackstick processing part in my code with parts from Npjohnson code. And it does not go as expected, unfortunately. Therefore, I need another solution. Later maybe I'll create a specially debug version for you to run and collect data for me in order to solve that problem, duh

Hi,

Everything that I wanted to work, worked as I went into System Preferences > Trackpad.  Two Finger Scrolling, Two Finger Right Click, etc.  However, it is extremely buggy and would often times cause the pointer to move to random parts of the screen when trying to execute a two finger command (whether it is trying to scroll or right click).

Also, 2cm from the left of the trackpad was "dead" as in it did not register any touch, taps, etc.

I tried looking up how to find out what your Trackpad Model Identifier is but could not find such information.  I have a Dell Latitude E6230 if that helps any.

Also, I would like to extend a thank you to you and Jake Lo.  This community is extremely helpful.  I would not have been able to do any of this without your help.

Regards,

Mr. Sunshine

@Mr. Sunshine: install the kext (debug version), restart the machine. After that, go find a program named 'Console'. Scroll up a little bit, and you will see something about ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint report on E7 value and EC value. Post them here, and we can find a fix then.

@Mr. Sunshine: install the kext (debug version), restart the machine. After that, go find a program named 'Console'. Scroll up a little bit, and you will see something about ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint report on E7 value and EC value. Post them here, and we can find a fix then.

Thanks sontrg!

I will surely do this after I get dualboot to work.  I've been spending all day on it and must have restored my laptop a million times.

Hello Guys!

I´m a recently installed my 1st hackintosh. I´m running mavericks on a Dell Inspiron 15R (N5110) and I was able everything working but my touchpad. As far I know it is an ALPS but didn´t found its model. I also didn´t find a good kext for that. After installed sontrg fork of rehabman I got some few messages on my system log as below, but it is not working at all.  Any help on this will be appreciated. I´m also able to test new kext if needed.

02/16/2014 22:51:47.000 kernel[0]: VoodooPS2TouchPad Version 1.9.0 loaded...
02/16/2014 22:51:47.000 kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Trackpad: Identify TouchPad command returned incorrect byte 2 (of 3): 0x00
02/16/2014 22:51:47.000 kernel[0]: VoodooPS2TouchPad Version 1.9.0 loaded...
02/16/2014 22:51:47.000 kernel[0]: ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.
02/16/2014 22:51:47.000 kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint::identify: Found ALPS Device with ID E7=0x73 0x03 0x50, EC=0x73 0x01 0x0d
02/16/2014 22:51:47.000 kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Mouse Version 1.8.9 loaded...
02/16/2014 22:51:47.000 kernel[0]: Initializing TouchPad hardware...this may take a second.
02/16/2014 22:51:47.000 kernel[0]: Touchpad initialization complete.

Thanks!

@Tiago Bueno: Yours is a v5 ALPS trackpad. I don't have it by now, so you can help me.

Now please install the debug version of the kext, performing the following action:

1. Wait till the laptop stabilize itself.

2. Wait a minute

3. Press each trackpad buttons once, remember the time

4. Wait a minute

5. Slightly touch the touchpad, remember the time

6. Wait a minute

7. Restart the computer with release kext again.

8. Look for a program named 'Console', open it, save a copy of log. After that, you can delete all of irrelevant information, only keep the lines from the time you begin the experiments till the end.

9.. Label where in the log which you perform which action

10. Post the log file here, or PM me

Thanks a lot :)

@sontrg,

Here are the log files but during tests there aren't no entries on the log. I used the version attached on post #331.

I will try again and let you know if I got more information.

Buttons tests were at 10:09:01

Touch pad test was at 10:10:01

1stBoot file - With Debug Version.

2ndBoot file - With Release Version.

1stBoot.rtf

2ndBoot.rtf

Well, the trackpad is recognized, but it simply refused to work. It has been reported via many people with v5 trackpad before. But the 'magic' initialization process that worked in Linux does not work here, unfortunately. The newer code in current Linux kernel branch seems to have some more code, but give me some time... Some people seems to get lucky with this kext http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/271573-guide-dell-inspiron-n5110/page-50?do=findComment&comment=1864051 . If you are the one, please tell me. I'll contact with him to get our source code merge.

P.S: Nevermind, after that, try my kext,

RehabMan-Voodoo-2014-0218.zip

• Like 1