ASUS N53SV

Mister3000

Ok, so I tried installing chameleon.

It didn't worked from the booting all the way from USB installer. I got error message.

Then I tried booting from USB and then selecting the harddrive installation. I waited for it to boot to the desktop and then tried installation again.

Bottom line It worked on the 3rd try.

So if it doesn't work first time, try and try again. Eventually it works.

So now that I finally got the machine to work something funny happens:

When the machine first starts that is sitting at the chameleon boot loader screen waiting for my boot options the laptop keyboard and trackpad works.

Once the machine fully boots the keyboard and trackpad and sound doesn't work.

After running myhack using the 10.9 bootpack a few times the Ethernet finally works.

I will try to download the EDP and see what happens.

I will post my results.

Hi Guys,

so im having a little issue maybe someone here understands the error and can help me.

first i should say that by trial an error the only way i was able to get computer running was to use a 10.8 installation.

now i have a 98% working system. I created a 10.8 usb install using myHack and then downloaded a folder from the WEB that has all the kexts for this system.

98% because the sleep mode doesn't properly works and also only half of the cores work.

When you click on activity monitor and then on CPU Usage 8 CPU threads pop up. (this is a quad core laptop)

so one thread shows activity, the other one doesn't next one shows activity, the other one doesn't... etc.

any ideas ?

now here is the real problem.

every time i try to update the system like lets say 10.8.2 i get a kernel panic.

the error says:

" Notice - new kext com.apple.iokit.IOHIDSystem, v1.8 matches prelinked kext but cant determine if executables are the same "  (no UUIDs

I'm sure once i can fix that i will be able to get my machine to 10.8.5

Can any one help shed some light on how to go about this ?

thanks..

I wish i can post a picture of the screen but it seems that there is no way to attach to a post on this forums :(

Ok,

So by following Hervè advise i removed all instances of Voodoo.kext and then upgraded the machine.

I am now running 10.8.5

Now my problem is that i cant get audio because i need to install Voodoo.kext

so i ran Kext wizard and by clicking on the loaded kext after the upgrade i can see there are two kext that interfere with voodoo.kext and thats why i was getting my kernel panics.

com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (2.4.7fc2)

com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (2.4.7fc2)

I must remove these before i can install the Voodoo.kext to get my audio back 

what i have read is that appleHDA.kext must be removed before installing Voodoo.kext

but i can't find appleHDA.kext or those two files any where in the system.

any idea how to remove those two files or kexts so i can install voodoo.kext ?

Thanks

• Administrators

If you're building your Hack with myHack, don't use kext wizard! I don't believe the 2 cohabit well. Just place all your kexts in /E/E and do a myFix (full). That takes care of permissions + cache.

If you install VoodooHDA, you should always install AppleHDAdisabler. EDP does that if you install VoodooHDA through it...

You should always try to leave /S/L/E intact to retain a fully Vanilla install, i.e. avoid deleting stuff provided as standard by Apple. myHack + EDP do that and, as such, are among the best tools out there.